This position ensures cost effective requirements, security and integrity of data. Provides users of information systems a reliable environment. Provides a high level of customer service and help teach computer users to be more proficient and self-sufficient. Must work effectively within the corporation’s IT guidelines. Practices good housekeeping in all work areas and in electronic filing systems.
· Manage data backups - Change tapes on schedule, clean drives as needed, comply with off-site rotation policy and archive data appropriately to magnetic or optical media. Ensure that all media is stored securely.
· Mitigate risks presented by virus/adware/spyware threats - Immediately take corrective action on any virus/adware/spyware identified by corporate utilities to protect the integrity of data and the FNGP network. Apply patches and hotfixes as directed by Level 2 IT staff.
· Maintain network infrastructure - Work to provide maximum availability of data and voice services or devices. Monitor and manage disk space utilization and housekeeping on all relevant systems. Keep documentation current to ensure accurate data when
troubleshooting or analysis is required.
· Provide afterhours support for local business- During weekends, holidays, and off-time provide support for production down emergencies.
· User Support - Utilize Omnitracker to field, record and document problem resolutions for end-users. Recognize their needs; provide solutions related to the use of desktop software, hardware and common systems. Train users in efficient use of software and systems.
· May be asked to handle NSD tickets in Omnitracker, communicate changes in the IT systems to the local sites, hold regular meetings with divisional management to align IT and business, and help with needs of the project management team.
· Entering NSDs (nonstandard demand) tickets for the business.
· Software Design, Development and Implementation - Facilitate the design, development, automated installation, implementation and effective utilization of new software according to the agreed upon systems and architecture and infrastructure.
· IT Organization support - Communicate with and support activities of the fellow IT staff in Telecom & Infrastructure - Enterprise Applications - ERP and PMO groups. Participate in SME group activities.
· Training - Train users to use appropriate tools, services and to be self-sufficient. Train IT professionals for improving the tools and services. Train the business professionals for employing the analysis tools to generate information.
· Administration - Coordinate internal and external technical resources to provide
maintenance and support of installed I.T. infrastructure. Review proposed purchases for justification and adherence to standards.
· Hardware - Help plan and manage the procurement, maintenance and disposition of obsolete computer equipment. Accurately record and track current IT assets using CMDB.
· Phone Systems - Provide local support for the FNGP Telecommunications Strategy.
· Budget- Assist as needed in budgeting for direct and allocated IT services and equipment.
· Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices.
· Understand and implement the health and safety policy and to integrate health and safety considerations into daily work activities.
· Coordinates with - IT Regional staff personnel, FNGP IT Leadership, other IT groups in FNGP, contract vendors and business areas.
· Other duties as assigned.
· IT discipline experience 0 – 3 years
· Associates Degree
· IT discipline experience 3 – 5 years
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong communication skills and organizational skills
· Commitment to continuous improvement and learning up to date practices within the industry
· Team player
· Experience with LAN, Desktop PC’s, Applications & Operating systems
· Proactive, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment
· Must have strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.