Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for performing cash receipts application for multiple business units (BU’s) in a highly automated environment, while adhering to all accounting policies. The position is mindful of collection efforts, account balances and receivables aging.
· Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers to ensure processes are followed in a timely manner.
· Perform tasks relating to accounts receivable and cash receipts.
· Accurately identify incoming cash and post to appropriate customer accounts.
· Coordinate the reconciliation of customer disputes, discrepancies, or inquiries to assure that contested items are reasonable, investigated and cleared from the customer’s account on a timely basis.
· Review bankruptcy filings, review accounts, and follow-up reports to protect ’s interests.
· Adhere to credit and cash policies to ensure proper internal controls are in place.
· Assist with month-end required reporting on aging and provide explanations to management upon request.
· Review cash receipt application and make corrections as needed.
· Investigate and resolve short and over-payments. Retain documentation regarding over-payments and resolutions of short payments for audit and escheats purposes.
· Review and respond to customer inquiries.
· Other duties as assigned.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Relocation assistance is not available. Chem-Trend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team! If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 517-546-4520.