Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
Our Lab Technician will assist in product development, technical service, fluid service and production support of a Chem-Trend's polyurethane product line to enable Chem-Trend to continuously improve quality, sales, product performance, profit, and market share.
- Formulate and test new, robust products for the polyurethane product line under the direct supervision of an appropriate project leader. Provide customers with quality products that meet their needs.
- Provide technical service/support for the polyurethane product line under direct supervision of the appropriate project leader to provide Sales, and our customers, with fast, accurate technical service.
- Requisition raw materials, lab equipment, and supplies. Ensure that there are sufficient supplies and materials for job execution.
- Maintain laboratory notebook to accurately record all observations and experimental data.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Test and analyze substances, interpreting the information obtained from precision measuring and recording instruments and or/special evaluations, to help make technical decisions supporting product development, manufacturing, sales, and regulatory.
- Select, compile and use technical information from published sources to assist in making technical decisions supporting product development, manufacturing, sales, and regulatory.
- Serve as a member of a committee to oversee/recommend lab safety policies to promote general awareness of lab safety and a safe work environment.
- Serve as a member of adhoc teams upon request to develop and recommend ideas for continuous improvement and/or eliminating waste.
- Characterize, handle, label, manifest, or inspect hazardous waste in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Communication: Communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization, using verbal and written distribution channels.
- Time Management: Manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, while paying strict attention to detail and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Analytical Skill: Demonstrate a strong ability to analyze and solve problems with speed and accuracy, while exercising independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Teamwork: Demonstrate the ability to work well with others towards a shared goal, participate actively and contribute to the capability of the team.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of three years of work-related experience.
- Associates Degree in Science preferred.
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team!
Do you have any questions?