This position will be responsible for implementation of the Contract Management System & Processes in North America to support the Automotive and General Industry sales organizations in their day-to-day business and Customer Specific Requirements (CSR).
Contract Manager -Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) -North America
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Contract Manager is the SME for CSR activities, systems, knowledge and is responsible for:
- Implementation of the Contract Management System and required processes
- Close collaboration and global alignment with the CSR-Contract Management Team in Europe
- Editing and verifying of customer specific requirements (Customer Specific Requirements "CSR")
- Coordination and controlling of the assessment of CSR by the respective specialist departments and operational managers from the production units
- Sales support during contract negotiations in close coordination with the specialist departments and locations (national/regional/global)
- Evaluation and drafting of commercial contracts in close coordination with the central legal departments (USA/Germany)
- Co-development of standard contracts and contract clauses as well as process instructions for the operative areas (best-practice solution approaches)
- Ongoing support of the contract database and its maintenance
- Support of IATF 16949 audits / certification in relation to the area of responsibility
- Regional (USA) contact person for the Contract Management-Tool & -Process
- Cooperation & support for the Contract Manager in Europe (especially for global contracts)
- Ability to comprehend the technical aspects of financial analysis, commercial law and other legal proceedings, and an ability to adhere to a defined contract formation process, including review, approval and signature authorization.
- Self-Starter & Perseverance: Be comfortable initiating and driving projects with little supervision. Persevere through setbacks and difficult situations to achieve your goals, sometimes having to lead or assist other departments in completing their core responsibilities if team success depends on it.
- Organizational & Project Management Skills: Have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once while maintaining attention to detail and not letting anything important fall through the cracks. Recognize and allocate time to key priorities, balancing what is most important with what is most urgent.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in any discipline
- Two (2) +years of related experience in Sales Channel contract management and large scale systems administration in addition to practical knowledge of commercial transactions, contract controlling, contract administration, and commercial law
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time domestically or internationally as required
- Strong organizational skills and assertiveness as well as a high degree of personal responsibility and teamwork
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in business-related discipline (e.g., general business, marketing, finance, supply chain management)
- Five (5) +years of related experience in Sales Channel contract management and large scale ($100M +) systems administration in Automotive or General Industry organizations (OEM and/or Tiers)
- Paralegal certification, Juris Doctorate (JD) degree, or Masters Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas to diverse audiences
- Proficiency in other languages including German and Spanish highly desirable
- Quick comprehension and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to take initiative and provide appropriate and effective follow-up
- Decision-making strength, solution and customer oriented working methods and negotiation skills
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams (i.e., across various functional areas) and in matrix organizational structures would be an advantage
- Project Management experience a plus
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?