The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 50,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 40 market segments. Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies is a global solutions provider of innovative sealing solutions and differentiated sealing products to the global Oil & Gas industry. The company is focused on the exploration and production (upstream) segment.
The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for purchasing material for using MRP to support customer demand, tooling and operational related expenditures. Overall day to day control of purchasing and planning of materials to align material and customer needs.
- Manages various aspects of supplier relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
- Create and Release purchase orders daily insuring that suppliers are aware of material requirements.
- Review and communicate customer requirements to suppliers to ensure product is received in tolerance.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Effectively communicate delays in supplier orders to the Material Manager and/or Production and Customer Service.
- Quote material prices and lead times.
- Run and Analyze Excel Reports to align buying strategies with consumption and demand signals.
- Analyze and maintain a clean MRP for all business units.
- Ensure adequate safety stock levels.
- Identify and correct sources of inventory variance; assist in physical inventories.
- Maintain regulatory compliance for purchased materials and chemicals
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Enables active daily use of continuous improvement tools to improve quality, delivery, financial performance.
- May perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE JOB:
- Incumbent must have the ability to manage stress and to follow through with all planning requirements.
- Employee should be able to travel up to 5% locally to meet with suppliers to ensure quality and delivery measurables are met.
- HS/GED, degree preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional Organization skills
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- SAP ECC experience a plus
- High sense of urgency regarding backlog and fulfilling customer commitments
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Background in job shop/machine shop environment
- APICS /CPIM certification encouraged
- Preference will be given to candidates experienced in SAP ECC or SAP by Design.
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group. In addition, all associates are responsible for maintaining adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards, and good housekeeping practices. This includes understanding and implementing health, safety, and environmental policies and to integrate these considerations into daily work activities.
Do you have any questions?