A Vice President of Sales and Application Engineering is responsible for the management of a global team focusing on global strategic planning for new business generation and the maintenance of current business. This includes new business and customer generation (incl. appropriate, strategic customer selection), relationship management to key strategic customers, internal alignment and pro-active issue resolution with key XALT departments, proactive alignment with other sales teams within the business division and beyond, implementing the right tools and systems for efficient and effective sales work, effective training concepts for application engineering team to provide sustainable relieve to the engineering team, short-/mid- and long-term sales forecasting, strategic pricing actions and communication of the sales strategy to the organization.
Vice President of Sales and Application Engineering- XALT Energy
- Demonstrates a very good understanding of the Li-ion market for Buses (incl. Transit, School & Coach), Commercial Trucks, Marine, and Construction/Mining-Equipment.
- Maintain strong and regular alignment of all team activities and jointly align overall strategic actions with clear communication.
- Identifies opportunities and implements changes to target continuous improvement.
- Keep current with strategic supply and demand trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Provide market feedback into product and development roadmap.
- Ensure strategic customer selection and approach by team.
- Internal advocate of the customers’ needs.
- Coordinate regular sales planning (monthly, quarterly & 3-5 year perspective).
- Understands and is sensitive to the competitive landscape, knows XALT’s competitors’ strength and weaknesses, and can articulate and sell XALT Energy’s value proposition.
- Needs to be active and supportive with/of peer group while building trust at the same time.
- Strong knowledge and application of practice and company policies is areas of: Confidentiality, Non-disclosure, document marking and communications, risk mitigation language and methodology.
- Coordinates with Product Marketing availability of relevant sales tools and presentations/sales materials.
- Direct the Team to develop activities and processes to generate qualified leads for sales through advertising, market research, trade show and open house participation.
- Communicate and coordinate with global partners, especially when global customers are involved
- Working knowledge of different battery chemistries and value propositions associated with each.
- Able to competently and confidently represent XALT at technical conferences, shows and seminars.
- Support internal project team meetings providing significant and in-depth participation.
- Establish training curriculum and clear responsibilities/processes between application engineering and product engineering teams.
- B.S. degree or Master's degree in Sales, Engineering (or related field), Additional Business degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Business to Business sales
- 5+ years international multi cultural management experience
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant responsibility
- Li-ion battery experience a large plus
- Willing to travel globally up to 50% of time
- At least one other foreign language proficiency a plus
- Working knowledge of CRM
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic
- Demonstrates being a good team player
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
Do you have any questions?