This HR Manager position is responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources function including employee relations, staffing, training/development, policy management, legal compliance, compensation and benefits administration, and worker’s compensation claims management within the Manchester, NH facility. The incumbent will also partner with other local FNST Human Resources professionals to develop and implement strategic business objectives and a culture that is committed to continual improvement.
Human Resouces Manager - Manchester
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Division in the implementation of short- and long-range operating objectives regarding organizational structure and staffing requirements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations
- Continually improve Human Resources systems to assure consistency and compliance with company policy and state and federal regulations
- Acts to ensure accurate interpretation and enforcement of Company policy
- Supports all Health, Safety, and Environmental programs, including reducing injuries, lost time days, Workers’ Compensation costs, and OSHA recordables, We all Take Care, and Behavior Based Safety
- Recruits, screens applicants, interviews, sets up pre-placement physicals and hires personnel as required to meet, Lead Center objectives
- Posts and recommends transfers of employees who merit promotion or require a change for other reasons
- Supports Vice President Lead Center in developing the annual salary plan and administers any unplanned salary changes throughout the year
- Ensures that all salary appraisals are completed per Corporate policy
- Oversees weekly payroll processing
- Benefit plans administration to include training, processing of enrollment, and acting as liaison between employees and outside vendors to resolve issues
- Works with TPA to review all leaves of absence, including Short Term Disability and FMLA
- Administers Vision Care, Educational Assistance, Safety Shoe, Tanner, and all other Company programs
- Responsible for strategic planning of training and development programs
- Responsible for tracking and reporting at BOS appropriate metrics, including absenteeism, turnover, safety, and training
- Responsible for employee enrichment programs
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- BS in HR or business related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience managing all HR disciplines
- Working knowledge of human resources management systems
- Knowledge and experience with Fair labor Standards Act, hourly and wage policies, issues and regulations
- Knowledge of HRIS data processing and ability to work with computer systems
- Effective communications skills and public speaking and program presentation skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with associates, managers, and outside business associates and contacts
- Ability to serve as mediator in “employee-employer” issues
- Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to human resources records keeping
- Job is performed under fairly intense and stressful conditions
- Ability to balance multiple and changing priorities while maintaining excellent organizational skills
Corporate HR, Gaskets Team, FNST Human Resources personnel, Workers Compensation Insurance providers, Benefit Plan Providers, and Department of Employment Security.
Special Circumstances of the Job:
This position requires the incumbent to have an understanding of federal and state employment related laws. The individual must understand company policies. Must be able to balance multiple and changing priorities while maintaining excellent organizational skills.
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?