Under the direction of and reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer utilizes quality and engineering principles, policies and technology to maintain product conformance and performance. This position also requires participation as a core project team member developing process controls, developing/recommending product tolerances and measurement systems and methods, and preparing certain APQP/PPAP documentation associated with material/product launches and changes. Assists in training personnel in quality disciplines and team leadership.
Quality Assurance Engineer-Necedah
- Responsible for coordinating special paperwork required for PPAP and Prototype
- Reviews/recommends GD&T and tolerance during design reviews
- Selects appropriate control methods/frequencies for Process Control Plans
- Reviews process capability studies and managing CPK/PPK improvement efforts
- Selects and evaluates measurement methods/tools for Process Control Plans
- Requests, reviews, and approves supplier PPAP packages
- Reviews and approves FNGP PPAP packages before submitting them to customers
- Submissions/shipments, documenting dimensional and material test results on appropriate forms and distributing information per customer requirements
- material for use. Performs physical inspection of incoming raw materials whenever required, as well for acceptance decisions
- Investigates raw material issues from Production and requests/receives corrective actions, RMAs and credit from Suppliers as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organization and negotiation skills
- Bachelor degree in Business, Quality Assurance, Industrial Technology, Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in automotive component manufacturing, metal fabrication, metrology (dimensional measurement), testing, injection molding or engineering is required
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings that contain geometric tolerancing, specifications, test procedures and methods, basic statistical process control requirements, and metric/English unit conversion and notations
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects from start to finish and complete work with speed and accuracy within established timeframe
- Develops and launches new suppliers/ projects
- Team player and self-initiative
- Sufficient computer, keyboarding, math (Geometry/Trigonometry), technical writing and communication skills to assume and perform all responsibilities of the job
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and have an aptitude for learning additional new software
- Must be proficient with the Internet and computer-related activities, preferably through MRP systems or other business operating systems and customer portals
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Familiarity with PPAP, SPC, GD&T, CPK, GRR, MSA, Calibration, PPAP, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 training/experience (desired)
- Must be able to travel when necessary in the event of a Supplier or Customer quality crisis or for customer-mandated trainings or orientations
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?