In support of the Business Unit Managers and reporting to the Lead Center Manager, will direct, supervise and help coordinate manufacturing operations and process improvement initiatives for the 3rd shift.
3rd Shift Supervisor - Necedah
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of employee training to maintain a skilled and trained workforce to meet business unit needs.
- Monitor production rates and conformance to standards.
- Help to resolve technical issues.
- Act as a communication link.
- Responsible for security of the building and coordinating emergency response (including coordination of 1st responder team) on 2nd shift.
- Handle customer communications and concerns during the shift and coordinate appropriate actions.
- Read blueprint, interpret specifications and make quality decisions.
- Utilize the ERP and SAP system.
- Utilize ADP to process payroll for direct reports.
- Maintain positive employer/employee relations.
- Administer and enforce the union contract, company work rules and regulations in a consistent manner and when necessary take appropriate corrective action.
- Understand and implement the health and safety policy and to integrate health and safety considerations into daily work activities.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree in Business or Engineering preferred (BS degree in Business or Engineering recommended)
- One year of previous supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Proficient in MS Office software
Responsible for indirect supervision of all 3rd shift activity (group leaders, operators, maintenance, inspection, tooling).
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?