Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
Field Sales Manager, Die Cast
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing sales growth and profitability of the assigned business segment (Die Cast) by providing strategic planning and optimal utilization of financial and human resources. This position manages a business segment, providing leadership, strategic direction, operating plans, and motivation to the industry sales team and support functions.
- Build a strong, growth-oriented sales organization that will accomplish the business segment objectives while working toward broader future goals.
- Assess customer needs within each market segment and appropriately direct Chem-Trend’s resources (i.e., laboratories, quality control, manufacturing, sales, customer service, and technical service) to effectively and efficiently meet or exceed customer demands on a daily basis.
- Cultivate a high performing team through selection, development, motivation and evaluation of sales, technical support and sales service professionals. Provide leadership and performance feedback and facilitate the creation of career paths and training plans.
- Track, measure, analyze and act on sales performance to achieve budgeted results. Monitor, analyze and understand product costs and margins to ensure acceptable returns for the business segment.
- Oversee long and short-term new product development and commercialization that will ensure the continued sustainable growth for the business segment.
- Identify and evaluate new market opportunities, in conjunction with the appropriate Marketing and Technology staff, to determine growth potential and fit for the business segment. Develop strategic plans to pursue new business if deemed appropriate.
- Continually evaluate systems and procedures to ensure effective and efficient use of resources and optimal level of customer service.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the co-suppliers, suppliers to our customer base of the materials we are releasing. Gain intelligence about existing or competitively held accounts, new technology and growth opportunities.
- Develop marketing programs, including print advertising, trade show participation, and promotional giveaways to reinforce Chem-Trend’s image. Use promotional programs to increase exposure to potential new markets and maintain a strong position in targeted markets appropriate for the business segment.
- Collect, analyze and communicate market intelligence including market & industry trends, key technological developments, competitors, and emerging market information.
- Handle all products in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Communication: Communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization, using verbal and written distribution channels.
- Leadership Skill: Demonstrate the ability to manage, motivate, and develop people of varying skill and education levels. Ability to manage conflict productively.
- Strong Organizational Skill: Optimizes organizational effectiveness, prioritizes workload, effectively handles competing priorities, and has a strong attention to detail.
- Continuous Improvement: Possesses a strategic, innovative, and an entrepreneurial mindset with systematic thinking skills.
- Time Management: Manage a number of projects simultaneously, independently set priorities, and manage workload under deadline pressures while paying strict attention to detail and maintaining accuracy and high customer satisfaction. Proactive, results-oriented approach to the business.
- Influence: Ability to use influence internally, as well as, with decision makers in customer facilities.
- Problem Solving: Quick to resolve and overcome obstacles by working with people inside and outside of the organization. Ability to operate independently and/or with others to create innovative solutions.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Chemistry, or related field (preferred); or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role with in-depth knowledge of technical sales and marketing strategies.
- Experience in the chemical industry, preferred.
- Experience in the Die Cast industry or in a leadership role, a plus.
- Knowledge of Business and Financial principles (profit and loss statements, gross margin, etc.) involved in managing areas of a multi-million-dollar specialty chemical business segment.
- Previous experience working with CRM and Microsoft Office.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel extensively
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Relocation assistance is not available. Chem-Trend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team! If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 517-546-4520.
Do you have any questions?