The Freudenberg Group, a global technology company with almost 50.000 employees in about 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. The business group Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions is the leading name for branded mechanical household products. Our company culture is innovative and multicultural, built and based on trust and integrity, openness and mutual respect. In all areas we count on highly talented, motivated and results-oriented employees, to continuously secure and expand our Vileda brand as the leader in the international markets.
Manufacturing R&D Engineer
The resource, included in the R&D Manufacturing team, is responsible for managing the industrialization phase of new products and production processes. The resource is also responsible for the industrial implementation of new products until they are released into production as well as for changes to products/processes in the existing portfolio (re-launches, change of raw materials, new extrusion technologies, etc.).
In the production site, he/she collaborate with other functions in the management of quality questions and in the evaluation of possible improvements to existing technologies and processes.
Main tasks will be:
- Manage and coordinate activities related to the industrialization of new products and/or the relaunch of existing products through the various phases of the NPD Gate process in accordance with the project objectives in terms of costs, time and quality of execution.
- Assess the feasibility of the products according to the available technologies or the new applicable ones, providing to CT the necessary inputs for the implementation of the best practices in the field of DFM
- To realize the analysis of the costs, of the investments and of the times of industrialization of the products
- Manage the development of injection molds, in all its phases, from the selection of the supplier, to the design and validation of the same
- Ensure effective transfer of product/process information and knowledge from the development team to production, including the release of all related technical documentation to production.
- Identify and propose possible activities to optimize existing products and processes in terms of costs and quality of products
- Support the QA department in the management of quality problems, suggesting corrective actions, providing operational support and facilitating a correct and effective communication with the category functions.
- Support the Engineering team in the development of the equipment, machinery and automations necessary for the industrialization of new products
- Check the validity of the specifications and promote a correct alignment between them and the production reality.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanics, Chemical, Materials, …) or Chemical Industry
- 3-5 years of experience in roles of product development in plastic material and/or in production realities.
- Knowledge of injection molding and/or extrusion technologies
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical design
- Fluent English required
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Problem solving and proactive approach
- Team working
- Project Management
Do you have any questions?