Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
The Kaizen Coordinator is responsible for leading, organizing and coordinating lean or improvement efforts within the production work centers. This coordinator will ensure the Policy Deployment Matrix (PDM) aligns with all lean production projects.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Plan and document all kaizen events within the operation
- Collect and facilitate cockpit project ideas from the production associates
- Research and develop ideas to remove 7 + 1 methods of waste
- Support CI Manager and Operation Manager with special data collection outside of QPDC
- Lead cockpit and lean projects
- Provide quality and process training to direct work force in alignment with Q-Matrix
- Support the zero defect culture with LPA and dock audits
- Provide improved line of communications with direct workforce on lean initiatives
- Ensure compliance with the values & principles of the group and FFT
- Support 5S, Visual Management and RPA standards on shop floor
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: High School graduate or GED
- Lean or Six Sigma White Belt Certification preferred and required to obtain once in role.
Knowledge / Experience
- Three years’ work experience in Freudenberg Filtration operations or two years lean production experience
- Broad knowledge in Non Value Added (NVA) work reduction, 5S, Visual Management, KAIZEN, APQP, Lean and Quality management systems are a must
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, customer demands and flexibility in job assignments
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental, workplace organization and housekeeping
- Leadership experience or potential
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work non-standard weekly schedule including off shifts and on-call status
- Physical working conditions are consistent with a typical office environment.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you're right for us - then we'll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?