The EH&S Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of EH&S management systems, work processes, standards and procedures in order to meet business and site objectives. The EH&S Specialist will work closely with plant personnel and other members of EH&S team to ensure excellent environment, health and safety performance and full compliance with requirements.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist- XALT Energy
- Provide technical support to operations and engineering regarding OSHA regulations, state environmental regulations, and Federal DOT regulations
- Obtains and maintains applicable regulatory permits
- Prepare EH&S reports for XALT Energy, LLC and regulatory agencies as necessary
- Update, maintain and introduce new EH&S Safety Standards, tools and work processes
- Help to establish, track and drive improvement in key EH&S performance metrics (training, corrective actions, housekeeping, compliance task completion, etc.)
- Participate in plant EH&S performance improvements efforts
- Facilitate root cause investigations
- Conduct internal plant audits and easements (safety, housekeeping, and compliance)
- Conduct required periodic emission reporting
- Completion of corrective actions for audits, assessments and incidents investigations
- Maintain EH&S operating discipline
- Maintain facility safety files and records
- Associates Degree or higher education in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety, Engineering or EH&S related discipline and five years of work experience or;
- High School Diploma / GED and seven years of experience in EH&S role
- Must have experience with OSHA, HAZMAT, HAZWOPER
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with presentation programs, such as PowerPoint
- Takes actions and displays behaviors that demonstrate ownership in the success of the company
- Demonstrates primary focus on meeting both internal and external customer needs when identifying, prioritizing and accomplishing tasks
- Works independently and overcomes obstacles to achieve results
- Willingness to participate in teams to reach desired outcomes either as a team leader or team member
- Evaluates existing work processes and initiate practices to promote continuous improvement – plant wide
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement and system improvement
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?