Syntax America is an SAP-certified global provider of managed cloud services. We are recognized as a leading strategic partner and provider within the SAP ecosystem, earning some of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry. Every day, we’re hard at work, behind the scenes, helping customers optimize the complicated technology that keeps their businesses humming. From consulting to cloud computing to analytics to help desk to disaster recovery, Syntax provides the managed services, and multi-level security, forward-thinking companies need to stay competitive and be resilient in today’s increasingly complex world.
Microsoft Platform Design Engineer
The Microsoft Platform Design Engineer focuses on Pre/Post Sales Architecture which requires broad knowledge of data center infrastructure, OS, Virtualization, Networking, Storage, Security, Backup, and Cloud technologies. Additionally, the Design Engineer will be accountable for developing end-to-end technical solutions to meet agreed business, process and architecture requirements.
The Design Engineer will focus on the following activities:
- Pre/Post-Sales Engineering for new and existing customers, including requirements gathering, feasibility and gap analysis, and solution development
- Technical Blueprints, including the specification of landscape, network, server, virtualization, software installation, and procurement details for customer deployment projects
- Consulting, including conducting research and providing advice on technical aspects of the hosting business to both internal staff and customers
- Syntax internal implementation projects comprised of technical infrastructure changes to our product platforms that benefit multiple customers, bundled with solution and operational deployment documentation to provide to Operational staff
- Fourth-Level Support Escalations, where Design solves the toughest technical problems when the infrastructure support teams need additional help
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements
- Design and Solution for customer facing and corporate global data center technologies
- Design and Solution server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Participate in the technical blueprinting process and drive focus in your discipline
- Identify special considerations for the overall project
- Complete comprehensive reviews of draft blueprints to ensure all aspects of the solution are accounted for
- Advise customers on which products are best suited for SAP and non-SAP-related solutions
- Ensure all designed infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of Infrastructure, Consulting, Architect, or Sales Engineering experience
- 5+ years of broad architect level technical experience, with expert knowledge from the following list of technologies:
- Public cloud offerings (Azure preferred)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Platform
- Strong understanding of server, storage, virtualization and networking technologies, procedures, operations and best practices
- Broad Knowledge in all the following:
- Network architecture, including load-balancing, DNS, BGP, IPSec VPNs, and active-active/multi-homed data centers
- Security best practices and use of firewalls, IPS/IDS, encryption, and incident response.
- Virtualization technology such as VMware
- Storage technology, including high availability and disaster recovery
- Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
- Ability to create technical documents and diagrams
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and problem-solving skills
- Able to project a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work well with people from many different disciplines
- A drive for results and customer focus
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
- “Big Picture” thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with customers and vendors
- Excellent documentation skills
Why work at Syntax? For starters, we’re pretty cool peeps. Beyond that, your work here really matters. Really. There are no drones in sector 7-G here. Nope, you’ll be expected to pitch in, pull your weight and push the company forward —from the start. We’re growing rapidly and need go-getters, not order-takers. Put another way, you get the chance to make a difference right away!
Do you have any questions?