Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
The Technical Sales Representative is considered an expert resource on industry process, products, and field problem solving and advises in the selection and use of Chem-Trend products to achieve increased sales. This position is a resource to the sales team and to assigned customers, focused on customer relationship, and is a liaison between the sales team and the laboratory. The territory will include Indiana, Michigan, New England, and Ohio.
· Collaborate internally to develop new products and improve existing products to meet customer needs.
· Enhance Chem-Trend’s image of superior technology, sales and technical service across the industry through direct contact with corporate and technical headquarters of customers, professional organizations and industry suppliers.
· Establish good working relationships with plant personnel and management contacts at customer accounts.
· Support Sales Representatives and customers with timely problem-solving and general product information.
· Assist in developing and delivering technical presentations to customers.
· Provide on-site technical support and training to customers and Sales Representatives as required; evaluate new product technology.
· Develop sales and value selling skills to assigned customers.
· Act as the liaison with the laboratory regarding product development requests. Develop a constructive working relationship to help achieve required results.
· Monitor activity of new product introductions to bring forth timely testing of new products into the field.
· Report competitor activity, such as product, performance, and personnel changes.
· Assist sales force in completing Technical Assistance Request (TAR)’s and product development requests and coordinate with the lab to ensure the urgency and priority of these requests
· Handle all product in accordance with environmental regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Relocation assistance is not available.
Chem-Trend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team! If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 517-546-4520.