Responsible for supervising the plant’s Maintenance personnel across a three-shift operation.
Oversees all activates in the maintenance department including but not limited to the repair maintenance, preventative/predictive maintenance and install, repair and maintain equipment, controlling department budget, overseeing contractors while on site.
- Assess Technical Capabilities (mechanical and electrical) of each maintenance technician and develop training plans
- Provide hands-on technical support for down equipment coverage and/or project coverage as needed
- Manage maintenance personnel overtime to meet down equipment demands each day (stay over into on-coming shift, call in on coming shift early if needed).
- Manage the apprenticeship program.
- Training of operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks.
- Manage preventative Maintenance system. Develop continuous improvement of PM system
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System to initiate, record and track all work
- Visual the work flow in Maintenance Department for easy tracking of Projects and PM activities
- Drive Lean initiatives in the maintenance department (5S, VM, LTA, AM, Kaizen)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Prefer 2 year college degree or better in a maintenance field or 10 years-experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in maintenance leadership position
- Possess strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Should be able to work independently under minimum instruction.
- Must be flexible to support all three shifts as needed to address the plant’s needs.
- Demonstrated mechanical/maintenance ability
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to develop individual leadership skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency when performing job tasks
- Express good work behaviors and show initiative
- Display good team working skills, adaptability to change and a willingness to learn new technology
- Knowledge of SAP Maintenance program
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?