Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of quality products in a safe and well maintained work environment.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the successful performance of the team in meeting established production metrics. You will assist with the coordination of production activities with support resources within the plant, including but not limited to engineering, quality, customer service, purchasing, and continuous improvement. The Team Leader will be directly responsible for providing strong labour utilization and maximizing equipment usage to affect the best possible deliverables. The Team Leader will also be responsible for assisting the Business Group Leaders in the effective communication with Senior Management and other departments.
Team Leader/Plant Supervisor
A great opportunity! Very clean and efficient facility!
- Assign work and movement of material through departments as required to fulfill production plans.
- Direct associates to achieve established production goals; taking responsibility for associate downtime & maximizing labour utilization.
- Actively lead all operations and processes to ensure all products meet/exceed established Quality System standards.
- Ensure compliance to established Customer, Company and other requirements (ISO, FDA, etc.).
- Ensure seamless product changeovers by providing timely part quality signoff.
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas and make technical changes where warranted.
- Provide timely and effective communication/feedback to the Business Group Leaders, team members and other departments as necessary to ensure continued achievement of production, quality, cost, delivery and safety.
- Communicate team members’ concerns to the Business Group Leaders and resolve issues and/or assist in resolving issues.
- Understand, promote, implement and adhere to all safety, environment, ergonomic and good housekeeping standards and practices into daily work activities.
- Assist Business Group Leaders in planning and maintaining staffing levels at all times in accordance with production schedules.
- Oversee and support plant shipping area
- Manage the performance of team members including:
- training and development of associates in operator skills to assure efficient and safe operation of their jobs
- coaching and developing associates to encourage and support a high performance work culture
- maintain weekly timekeeping, attendance records, vacation/time off schedules via ADP
- evaluate, write and deliver performance appraisals
- provide positive recognition when warranted
- administer disciplinary action when required
- Promote, support and implement lean manufacturing concepts to achieve key performance indicator targets such as increased production efficiencies and scrap reduction.
- Support, participate in, and implement GROWTTH philosophies; 5S, DOJO, Kaizen.
- All other related duties or projects, as assigned.
- 3 – 5 years of manufacturing experience preferably in the rubber industry
- 2 years of direct people management experience
- Assertive self-starter with attention to detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage employees in a team based environment
- Demonstrated ability to promote a team-based work environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, quality, inventory management, cost reduction, Good Manufacturing Practices and safety compliance
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities in a process/production environment
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to teach, coach and mentor associates with varying learning styles
- Strong understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques and tools. Lean System Green Belt certification preferred
- Proficient computer skills in MS software with strong knowledge of QAD Software system (Or alternate MRP)
- Experience with Quality System Requirements, such as ISO 9000:2000, AS9102 and NADCAP
- Must be able to work off-shifts and to work weekends when necessary to cover the team leader network & other duties as assigned; off shifts or shift rotation as required
- Must cover fifteen-minute overlap at shift changes
- Work environment is on the production/shop floor
- Moderate to loud noise levels
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts/equipment
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?