It feels great to feel at home. That’s why Freudenberg Household Products is committed to providing ingenious solutions to deliver the clean and comfortable feeling of home.
For over 100 years, consumers have trusted O-Cedar to provide ingenious solutions that make it easier to get truly clean floors. Today, that century of know-how is built into our range of mops, brooms, household glove and scour products. That same expertise is built into our portfolio of Vileda Professional cleaning solutions made for the most demanding commercial applications, including the healthcare and hospitality industries.
Freudenberg Household Products is a division of Freudenberg Group headquartered in Weinheim, Germany. FHP is an international leader in household cleaning products that does business in over 80 countries.
Our Aurora, IL facility is home to our sales, marketing, R&D, and engineering teams as well as our LEED-certified manufacturing and distribution facility. We pride ourselves on manufacturing in the US with recycled plastic materials and providing durable cleaning solutions that minimize the carbon footprint of the company.
The Tooling Engineer will plan, design, optimize and monitor the molding process to produce product to specification in the most cost effective method. As a member of the Engineering department, the Tooling Engineer safely and efficiently executes projects that benefit the Company from a durability, quality, production, efficiency, and/or safety standpoint. Additionally, he/she consults with peers, process experts, and team members on decisions affecting the overall project while keeping in mind the business strategy, and needs of the plant, cost, timeline, and logistics.
- Oversees in mold transfer between outside molder and inside molding.
- Manages tool maintenance program and directly supervises Tool Maintenance personnel.
- Reviews and maintains process.
- Project management for new molds, including coordination of all actions via Gantt charts to ensure products are delivered on time and on budget.
- Interfaces with R&D, Procurement, Engineering, Quality and Production departments.
- Collaborates with process engineer on testing and debugging molds, automation, inspection plus running statistical capability studies.
- Interfaces with molding floor personnel on an on-going basis to consult, engineer and up-grade molding process, equipment or robotics to improve efficiency.
- Knowledge of tooling, mold design, with the ability to analyze tooling from mold flow standpoint and specify changes. Able to communicate directly with tooling and design engineers.
- Project liaison between R&D, Procurement, Manufacturing, and Tool Design from product concept to production launch.
- Provide molding cost analysis.
- Process ECN’s on a timely basis.
- Performs FMEA & FAR’s.
- Coordinates Tool Meetings.
- Quote and coordinate new molding equipment; quotes tooling projects.
- Works on manufacturing improvements, lean, quick mold change and automation projects.
- Consults with Production Scheduler and Plant Manager as to supply information needed to make mold revisions and corrections.
- Coordinates mold design concepts – creates mold specification sheets for build or quote.
As our presence in the market grows, we continue to expand the suite of benefits we offer to employees in order to attract the best and brightest talents. A full BCBS suite of health insurance plans, dental, vision, 401(k) with a 4% company match, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans are part of our benefits program. Beyond those benefits, we offer:
- Volunteer opportunities through our partnership with charitable organizations in the area during work time, plus an additional 8 hours of volunteer time for you to use towards an organization you are passionate about.
- Family friendly perks including 2 weeks of paid leave for mothers and fathers for the birth or adoption of a child (and mothers qualify for paid disability leave after the birth of a child).
- Work life balance including work-at-home one day each week (for some positions), fun Friday hours, and 11 paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement and development opportunities through our Academy as well as local educational partners.