The HSE Professional will be responsible for providing technical guidance to management and associates regarding Health, Safety and environmental regulations. This position will also lead and actively participate in all HSE initiatives and activities within Bristol Components and Logistics Center. The incumbent will provide analysis and continuous improvement of HSE programs to provide optimum performance in the HSE function.
HSE Specialist - Houston, TX
- Implements OSHA Corrective Action(s) and appropriate correspondence, provides OSHA Compliance interpretations as appropriate
- Complies with OSHA and related training requirements and participates in training of associates (conducts or coordinates as needed)
- Develops Safety Program and participates in all aspects of facility safety
- Conducts, reviews, and communicates results of Accident Investigations
- Chairs HSE steering committee
- Monitors Workers’ Compensation and communicates to HR Lead and HR Managers
- Maintains and communicates upgrades of HSE Policies and Procedures to managers, and business cell leaders
- Conducts safety audits, report’s findings to HSE committee, and members of management, as applicable
- Remains abreast of proposed health, safety and environmental regulations and communicates them to management
- Must be able to work closely with all personnel. Works in a fast-paced environment with quiet to moderate noise levels.
- Work is divided between office and production areas 50/50.
- Many projects require working independently, sometimes with long and inflexible hours.
- In some cases tight deadlines exist where missed dates could cause credibility issues.
- Must be willing and able to travel to Components sites on an irregular basis.
- Plant staff management, first line supervision, Corporate HSE, outside vendors and contractors along with all associates.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably with HSE discipline
- Highly desired - 3-5 years of experience in HSE preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Professional certifications beneficial
- Must be computer proficient in standard Microsoft software programs
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the function
- Knowledge and experience with Workers’ Compensation, Safety and Environmental regulations are required
Do you have any questions?
Dichtomatik Americas LP - Houston
∙ Human Resources
∙ 14445 Heathrow Forest Parkway
∙ 77032 Houston, TX