Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Customer Service Representative
The candidate will perform duties primarily focused on the Order to Cash Process. This process includes, but is not limited to, being responsible for the ongoing interface between customer requirements, plant operations and administration to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment by effective communication, planning, material requisitioning and problem solving while meeting company standards for safety, clean environment, quality, cost and productivity, as well as customer satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Order Management-Processing customer orders received via email, fax, websites, calls or EDI. Verifying key points to ensure capability of order fulfillment as well as collection.
- Credit Management- Monitoring and verifying key points to ensure proper documentation for customer accounts, credit status and payment terms.
- Order Fulfilment- Monitoring and tracking of order fulfillment steps to ensure timely shipment of customer orders.
- Shipping Support- Support shipping department as necessary to fulfill customer orders such as gathering customer data for the creation of shipping documentation as well as communication with customer for specific shipment instructions.
- Invoicing- Daily review of invoices to ensure accuracy. Processing invoices as necessary for third party shipments
- Reporting- Create and update reports as assigned to support sales staff such as open orders, shipping reports and sales reports.
- Collections- Assist in collection activities such as researching shipments, invoicing errors, shipment errors and customer return requests.
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/technical or customer service environment (preferred)
- Associates Degree in business or related major (preferred)
Successful Candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following:
- Proficiency with personal computer, standard office software and manufacturing computer software; SAP experience a plus.
- Skilled with Word and Excel computer software.
- Critical: Ability to organize data in Excel spreadsheets to evaluate orders, forecasts, inventory management and demand planning. Ability to review computerized information and extract, compile and communicate relevant data.
- Ability to use basic math skills for conversion of units of measure and volume/pricing calculations.
Core competencies and skills
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional phone and email étiquette.
- Strong ability to multi-task (phones, people entering office, emails, etc).
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to use computer technology (Skype, Zoom, Sharepoint, Facebook, Google, Teams).
- Ability to communicate with people from other countries/cultures (in English).
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours as needed.
- Strong sense of safety and good housekeeping.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Cross training with other CSRs will be required.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality of customer, cost and planning information.
- Ability to travel (infrequent).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work from home as needed (with supplied hardware).
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?