Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
System Integration Senior Application Engineer
Responsible to lead all automotive engineering activities to meet customer requirements to include the application and development of new products, collaboration with customers for new automotive programs, maintenance of current products and liaison with engineering counterparts in other regions (ex. Europe and Asia Pacific).
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Lead automotive air filter projects to ensure that all technical deliverables and program schedules are met. Such projects encompass cabin air, Fuel Cell and engine air intake filters used in passenger cars, light trucks, and heavy duty trucks.
- Directly responsible on customer projects by providing product design and cost analysis for current and new products.
- Maintain solid understanding on plastic frames, production trials, quality, time schedules and delivery issues to assure a smooth transition from concept through production.
- Maintain knowledge on test standards for air filter products and facilitate testing capability with laboratories.
- Benchmark market conditions and competitive products/technologies to ensure company competitiveness.Liaison with FFT R&D team and Engineering counterparts to remain current on new technologies and to provide North America (NA) market input into future innovation work.
- Support Marketing and Sales with design proposals, cost estimations and technical input for preparing quotations, technical presentations to customers.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Quality Systems, timely submission of PPAP’s to customers and adherence to the APQP requirements.
- Lead technical investigations into additional automotive segments such as agriculture, construction and buses, to ascertain opportunities for filtration products.
- Support process and product development trials and run-at-rate evaluations to verify and validate process and product capabilities, while confirming cost analysis data.
- Issue reports, analyses and other data as required by management or customers.
- Support Company business objectives, goals and plans and provide leadership within scope of responsibility to meet and exceed expectations.
- Support and actively contribute to Company Standards for Safety and Quality, and ensure workplace order and cleanliness. Support compliance to Quality registration and/or certification programs.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be necessary or assigned.
- BS or MS in mechanical, textile or chemical engineering, or other related engineering/science
- 3-5 years’ experience working in automotive parts or system industries preferred
- Customer Experience (OEM, EVs, Fuel Cell)
- Components integration of Filter, Plastic Frames, Sealing and Sensors.
- Experience in Project Management, CAD & Design capability 2D, 3D (Inventor, Catia or NX)
- Analytical Tool development & Data processing: ex: Python, Matlab
- Experience in Injection Molding or Plastic production process knowledge & know how
- Materials (Plastic, gaskets) experience (production, design & analysis)
- Automotive filtration experience desired; HEPA Filter Systems experience/ cabin air filter is a plus.
- Hands on experience in APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, Statistical Process Control per TS16949 or QS9000 standards desired
- Knowledge of automotive HVAC and or Engine Air Induction systems desirable
- Proven track record of problem solving abilities and accomplishments as Engineer
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and meet schedule and budget requirements
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to achieve results individually and as a team member
- Able to work non-regular hours as needed
- Must guard confidentiality of Company information
- Position is located in the Metro-Detroit vicinity
- Willing to travel at least 30% of the time
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?