This remote home based Account Manager position is responsible for management of all commercial activities with assigned accounts including generation of new profitable business, maintain current business, proactive issue resolution, pricing actions with logic, resolving AR/AP issues, improving service levels and maximizing customer satisfaction.
Account Manager- Greater Calgary (Home Office)
Manage all commercial activities at Customers in the Region
- Self-starter: visit customers and use the opportunity to build relationships. Use the relationship to collect competitive information, current and future programs
- Ability to connect various pieces of information and create action list (ex. when is the current program ending? Would there be loss of business and/or new business opportunities?)
- RFQ processing:
- Create pricing map based on existing business information (ex. O-ring size vs. price)
- Ability to analyze price quoted by lead centers (ex. should the part price be higher or lower based on existing business?)
- Ability to value-sell, and receive new business at price higher than competitors
- Project management skills – Ability to understand customer schedule and proactively follow both internally and externally for smooth launch
- Ability to gain in-depth understanding of existing business and create roadmap for protecting existing business, and identifying area(s) of growth
- Strong communication skills – Fully understand expectation, prepare proposal, and reach agreement
- Strong negotiation skills and consider $0.01 as opportunity to improve profit margin
- Ability to work effectively and meet objectives without detailed day-to-day direction
- Must be highly organized and flexible to handle multiple priorities and clients
- Strong negotiation skills – Both internally and externally; ability to balance various groups need
- Math for building logic and performing basic price and financial analysis
- Need to have strong reasoning ability in order to build logic for negotiating and justifying FNST position
- Ability to pack up a bag and travel with minutes of notice. Ability to drive long distance to visit customers
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- All other duties as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Post-secondary 3 year Diploma in Business or Technical Areas. Open to various disciplines
- 2 - 3 + years of general industry experience in sales or application engineering
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time without advance notice, some international travel required. This is both day travel and overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- All described in minimum qualifications. Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
in engineering with over 3 - 5 + years of general industry/automotive work experience, in commercial role, negotiating issues such as pricing and project schedule
- Work experience dealing with engineering and purchasing personnel at large OEM accounts or managing key distribution networks
Special Circumstances of the Job:
- Travel will be on an as needed basis to customers within Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia Provinces with occasional travel to vendors and other FNGP facilities, in Continental US and Europe.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?