Freudenberg Medical, part of the Freudenberg Group, is a global partner for the design, development and manufacture of innovative medical devices and components. With 11 manufacturing operations and more than 1,500 associates worldwide, Freudenberg Medical offers a wide range of manufacturing capabilities from high precision molding and extrusion to drug coatings, finished devices, and subassemblies for catheters and minimally invasive devices.
For over 30 years, medical device and healthcare companies have trust Freudenberg Medical to manufacture their custom components and devices. We operate FDA-registered, ISO 13485 certified medical device facilities with Class 7 & 8 cleanrooms. Design and manufacturing operations are located in the United States (California, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota), Germany, Ireland, Costa Rica, and China.
Cambus Medical, a Freudenberg Medical Joint Venture partner, specialises in the development and manufacture of technologically advanced Hypotubes and Micro-Component solutions for minimally invasive medical devices used in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
We were established in 2006 and since then, have grown steadily with regular expansions to our manufacturing facilities. The Cambus Medical team have extensive experience in providing precision solutions to the medical device industry.
• Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
• Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
• Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
• Coach and mentor team members.
• Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
• Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
• Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
• Champion compliance to systems and processes.
• Leads and promotes a methodical and systematic Problem-Solving approach.
• Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Investigate latest process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
• Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
• Manage external relationships with key technology providers.
• Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and process improvement initiatives through the adoption of Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing.
• Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
The successful candidate will have a Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree (Level 8) or equivalent qualification. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to work cross functionally. You will have post qualification experience with people management and continuous improvement within a manufacturing environment. You will have strong data analysis skills and experience applying structured problem-solving and continuous improvement methodologies.
People Management, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
It’s an exciting time to work at Cambus Medical. We know our ability to succeed depends upon the people we employ. Leading-edge technology, the highest standards, and outstanding people make Freudenberg Medical the employer of choice in this industry. We offer a competitive salary plus benefits. Learn more at http://www.cambusmedical.com/ or www.freudenbergmedical.com.
Location: Spiddal, Ireland
We are currently hiring a Senior Manufacturing Engineer:
Freudenberg Medical and Cambus Medical are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer