Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Surface Treatment-Refinish Sales Executive
Responsible for growing sales in the US in the Surface Treatment-Refinish segment through a diverse and fragmented distribution network. Manage and support 3rd party sales agents responsible for promoting and selling Viledon at the body shop level, creating a pull through the established distribution channels. Maintain and grow strong Viledon position at corporate level among key warehouse distributors (WD’s) and super jobbers. Ensure product portfolio is optimized to meet market needs. Identify strategic growth opportunities and pursue accordingly as directed.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Lead initiatives in the US to grow Viledon product sales in the Surface Treatment-Refinish market segment.
- Achieve sales and profitability goals as provided by the US Sales Director.
- Make joint sales calls with sales agents to train on proven selling strategies to expand Viledon footprint in the field.
- Educate WD’s, jobbers and end-users on Viledon products including application advantages, shop productivity improvements, life cycle costs and other value-added sales topics.
- Develop business with new WD’s, jobbers and end-users through market research, networking, business associations and other means to deliver year-over-year organic growth.
- Recommend product portfolio enhancements needed for growth with a call to action for management support of changes or additions.
- Provide sales projections (volumes and prices) based on market research for new product developments and improvements.Help define performance specifications and certification requirements of new products.
- Analyze sales channel landscape and shape channel strategy to grow Viledon market share.
- Support company initiatives to better manage both sales partners and sales agents.Communicate and reinforce key aspects of system as appropriate.Make suggestions to management to improve program.
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences.
- Manage Accounts Receivables with customers and actively work with customers to keep actual payments within the agreed terms.
- Maintain appropriate data and other records on customers, suppliers and competitors, to assist in development of sales strategy and growth initiatives.
- Provide monthly reports and key customer call reports when requested by management.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Experience
- A minimum of three years of sales experience in the automotive paint, body and equipment (PBE) market.
- Deep knowledge of PBE market distribution channels and prominent WD’s and jobber companies.
- Ability to collaborate with and maximize support from 3rd party sales agents.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong data analysis skills as basis for business decisions.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be capable of traveling 40%+ including frequent multi-night stays.
- Air filtration knowledge in paint-related environments.
- Negotiation and contract management skills.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing/field environment during onsite visits.
- Be able to go up and down stairs and be able to walk several miles in a day if needed.
- Travel up to (40%).
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?