Responsible for management of setup and testing at Low Temperature PEM fuel cells and stacks. Also responsible for and to manage a few test technicians. This person will create and execute the design of experiments with detailed analysis and written test plans and reports. They will also collaborate activities with design engineering, process engineering and systems engineering
Fuel Cell Test Engineer
Setup and testing of fuel cells - in Plymouth, MI
- Setup and test Low Temperature PEM fuel cells and stacks.
- Manage test technicians
- Create and execute design of experiments with detailed analysis and written test plans and reports.
- Collaborate activities with design engineering, process engineering and systems engineering
- Create test profiles to support component design evaluation and long term durability.
- Create test profiles and experiments associated with battery systems integration.
- Design and coordinate test fixture manufacturing to support test and development.
- Communicate and collaborate component improvement ideas and system improvement opportunities with management, design engineering and system engineering
- Work with facility management to set up and maintain a safe working environment with emphasis on training associates involved with the fuel cell component and stack testing. This includes a system to analyze risk and mitigate hazards.
- Strong interest in a hands-on working environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a demanding multi-task work load
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Manage component test plans and fuel cell test station schedules to improve uptime and increase test facility efficiency.
- Interface with test station suppliers to trouble shoot and improve our test capabilities. This includes test station maintenance, hardware and software upgrades.
- Lead efforts to quantify accuracy, repeatability and reproducibility using MSA methods, test procedures and protocols. Drive continuous improvement.
- Trouble shoot issues that might occur with the test stations or fuel cell stacks.
- Design component specific test methods to support research and development of components
- Identify and purchase test equipment to support the fuel cell component development
- Develop and maintain comprehensive test stand documentation.
- Manage the procurement and qualification of new test stands and upgrades to existing test stands.
- Keep the test area clean and neat with scheduled 5S activities
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE JOB:
Occasional, the job may require off-shift or weekend work to accommodate special project testing.
- 4 year Technician Degree of various disciplines.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a test lab technician with experience Testing Applications.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Must have strong mechanical skills.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5 year’s plus fuel cell industry experience or alternative energy.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering discipline preferred.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?