This position is accountable for the quality conscious, cost effective and timely manufacture of product. This position is responsible for the effective administration, direction and coordination of department personnel, equipment and materials as defined by key measures including, scrap analysis, returned goods, labor variance, labor efficiency and production schedule goals reached. This position facilitates the implementation of Lean Systems consistent with Best Practice and Model Cell objectives
Business Group Leader- Ashland
- Directs, trains and coordinates area personnel in the most effective and efficient procedures for problem solving and task completion to manufacture a world class quality product.
- Uses continual improvement methods to insure most efficient layout of cell through easy moving/standing operations and optimization of cell procedures and product flow.
- Investigates and reviews all quality information from various sources; coordinates and disseminates this information to appropriate personnel, through documentation and visual controls, to achieve scrap reduction and variance elimination.
- Spreads “Lean Philosophies” including: One-piece/heat flow, setting and monitoring Standard Work In Process, dedicating labor and equipment, production smoothing and 5s principles.
- Insures that production schedules can be met through effective planning of manpower, equipment and materials.
- Coordinates with functional areas such as Quality, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and all suppliers and customers to resolve problems in order to effectively meet goals.
- Promotes and maintains good morale within area by keeping employees informed and by listening and acting on their concerns.
- Establishes and maintains overall area programs for safety, compliance with OSHA regulations, hazardous material regulatory compliance, housekeeping and preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for Quality System as outlined in CH-01-B-0001
- Provide resources adequate to achieve environmental objectives and targets and proper implementation and maintenance of the environmental management system.
- Participates in Lean Continual Improvement Activity.
- Associates degree/technical certification or equivalent experience required, four year degree preferred.
- Minimum five years previous manufacturing experience.
- Position requires problem solving and procedure writing ability.
- Good working knowledge of the business group is very helpful and preferred.
- Positive management and human relation skills are a must along with good oral and written communication skills.
- Job is performed under fairly intense and stressful conditions. Requires individual to be up to date with all quality and production concerns of the area. Mistakes in judgment can result in severe consequences involving scrap. Minimal travel is required. Overtime is necessary.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of all phases of operation in order to quickly answer questions.
- Ability to understand technical aspect of written specifications involving set-up, operation, condition of equipment, incoming raw material, and procedures for running production jobs.
- Requires on-the-job experience with area production components and processes.
All Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies associates are expected to live up to the Freudenberg Guiding Principles.
Do you have any questions?