- Provide pro-active professional advice for Corporate Functions and all business groups (BGs) doing business in Greater China in respect of trade compliance (customs/MOFCOM and export control laws and regulations), including but not limited to regulatory requirements for import/export of goods, import/export control license applications, customs valuation, duty treatments, HS code classification, processing trade, AEO, bonded warehouse etc.
- Mitigate customs and export control risks to the Freudenberg organization through process reviews, identification of process improvements and practical solutions to ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with applicable laws in the area of trade compliance, particularly in collaboration with various functions in BGs and other internal stakeholders.
- Support supply chain/logistics teams of BGs in case of problematical/complex challenges in their daily operations.
- Keep abreast of pertinent regulations, interpret regulations, and determine what is relevant for the Freudenberg organization, update all functions affected and support implementation appropriately.
- Support customs audit defense and strategy development in all aspects (valuation, TP, classification, import / export control etc.) with close cooperation with BGs and tax colleagues.
- Support BGs in establishing appropriate internal trade compliance management systems, also including assistance on the implementation of Global Trade Compliance automation systems, if needed.
- Provide valuable planning ideas from customs perspective to further reduce the duty cost (e.g. FTAs) and cooperate with tax colleagues in the meantime to balance the overall tax burden.
- Support BGs in their compliance check and discussion in case restricted party screenings escalated according to the export control laws in various jurisdictions.
- Provide regular trade compliance trainings to BGs and help them meet regulatory requirements in doing business.
- Represent Freudenberg Regional Corporate Center Asia trade compliance team, and act as a local person for regional and global trade compliance networks, e.g. organize the local trade compliance networking group.
- Interface with Customs and other governmental authorities on all matters pertaining to customs, import and export regulations and develop/maintain working relationships with government agencies.
- Coordinate customs / export control aspects of Entities in other Asian countries, if needed.
- Coordination of activities with trade compliance managers within the Corporate Function.
- At least 8 years work experience in customs authority and / or working in a comparable trade compliance function in a global company
- Bachelor degree or above
- Solid knowledge of Chinese Customs and export control regulations, knowledge for other jurisdictions would be a plus
- Experience in automobile parts industry and/or chemical industry would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal and written English), good business acumen and judgment, strong analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively, and has an internal customer focus
- Actions- and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with high efficiency, pro-active working attitude, passion to learn new trade compliance knowledge, willingness to work in teams
Reporting line to: Director Tax & Customs, Freudenberg Regional Corporate Center Asia
Do you have any questions?