Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
The Raw Material Sourcing Coordinator is responsible for driving the Raw Material Sourcing Strategy while supporting operational excellence for the Chem-Trend Purchasing department. The Raw Material Sourcing Coordinator will provide expertise for alternative sourcing of raw materials and will be the critical connection point between Purchasing, the Marketing and Technology Laboratories and the North American Operations team. The Raw Material Sourcing Coordinator is responsible for launching of new Raw Materials into production and interfacing with suppliers.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Strong project and time management abilities.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
· Excellent organization and time management skills.
· Strong financial and negotiation skills to interface with suppliers and/or vendors.
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Procurement, Business, General Science, Industrial Engineering or related field
· 3+ years of experience in an Industrial Chemical Environment
· 3+ years of experience in a purchasing role, including managing suppliers and negotiations (preferably in an international environment)
· 5+ years Lean manufacturing knowledge, preferred
· Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) and Microsoft Suite
· Knowledge of SharePoint, preferred
· 3+ years’ experience is Project Management, Continuous Improvement, and Problem Solving
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team! If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 517-546-4520.