Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Sales Executive, Surface Treatment
Responsible for sales growth in the US Surface Treatment (OE) segment directly to end-users and through distribution channels. Identify market opportunities, prospect, engage and develop new customers. Grow existing accounts. Responsible to develop sales often together with distributor representatives, including joint site visits, training, education, and new product promotion. Identify strategic growth opportunities and pursue accordingly as directed.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Lead initiatives in the US to grow Viledon product sales in the Surface Treatment market segment.
- Support distributors on end user applications and expanding the existing Viledon footprint.
- Recommend product portfolio requirements for growth, and gain internal acceptance and action via compiled business assessments, voice of the customer and presentations
- Achieve sales and profitability goals as provided by the US Sales Director.
- Support Company business objectives, goals and plans and provide leadership within scope of responsibility to meet and exceed expectations.
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences.
- Educate customers on products for Surface Treatment. Present operating characteristics, application advantages, cost justification, energy consumption and other value added sales topics
- Develop new customers and end users through market research, networking, business associations and other means to deliver year over year organic growth.
- Develop internal and external training tools for the growth of Viledon in the US market.
- Manage Accounts Receivables with customers and actively work with customers to keep actual payments within the agreed terms
- Maintain appropriate data and other records on customers, suppliers and competitors, to assist in development of sales strategy and growth initiatives.
- Prepare detailed Sales Forecasts as an input for Production Planning to help optimize utilization of production resources.
- Provide monthly reports and key customer call reports as required by management.
- Provide sales projections (volumes and prices) based on market research for new product developments and improvements.Help define performance specifications and certification requirements of new products.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Experience
- A minimum of three years of work experience in the air filtration industry or surface finishing application environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, or a related field
- Negotiation and contract management skills
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Must be capable of traveling 40%+ with multiple night trips, both domestic and potentially internationally
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects within the target markets
- Experience in paint related environments; Tier 1 and OEM manufacturers
- Understanding of basic OEM paint operations; E-Coat, Primer, Top Coat, and Ovens
- Dirt in Paint or Defect analysis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing/field environment during onsite visits.
- Be able to go up and down stairs, ladders, and be able to walk several miles in a day if needed.
- Travel up to (40%).
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?