Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global manufacturer of innovative technical textiles offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Apparel, Automotive, Building Interiors, Construction, Energy, Hygiene, Medical, Shoe and Leather goods as well as Specialties. In 2017, the company generates sales of more than €935 million and has 25 manufacturing sites in 14 countries and more than 3.700 employees. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg-pm.com.
The company is a Business Group of Freudenberg Group. In 2017, the Freudenberg Group employed approximately 48,000 people in some 60 countries worldwide and generated sales of more than €9.3 billion. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg.com.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for ensuring on-time delivery to and day-to-day communication with customers by managing the end-to-end supply chain. This role serves as the internal interface between the customer and operations, subcontractors, and warehouse/shipping. In addition to acting as the “voice of the customer,” the Supply Chain Specialist also supports the Sales and Supply Planning functions, which can include external sourcing and inbound logistics management. The Supply Chain Specialist provides support to the sales group in price and volume analysis, lead follow-up, and management of inventory through creative sales solutions. The Supply Chain Specialist provides support in the areas of demand management, forecast analysis, subcontractor management, and inventory control activities.
Freudenberg Performance Materials LP is looking for a candidate that can grow with us and is seeking to take on larger roles within the SCM function. We are also looking for a candidate that can demonstrate through their education, training, and job experience their desire to service customers and achieve stated goals and objectives, both in a team environment and working independently. If you are seeking a new opportunity with a growing company that fosters development and a positive working environment and you meet the job qualifications then we want to hear from you.
· Customer service / inside sales and technical support. Represents the company to existing and new customers. Primary interface between customer and supply planning.
· Order processing data management: sales order entry and confirmation, plan and create delivery notices, issue pick lists to warehouse / shipping, coordinate shipments with carriers and / or customers.
· Demand planning and analysis - utilize demand data from multiple sources to develop sales forecasts. Support production planning with prioritization and forecast data entry.
· Purchasing - Plan and procure externally-manufactured products and value-added services.
· Manage subcontract manufacturing and/or warehousing operations including supply of components required for subcontract operations.
· Saw order (production order) planning, communication, and coordination.
· Quality and delivery complaint processing; problem resolution.
· Sales support - price, volume, financial, or market analysis as required.
· Inventory control support - WMS data management, cycle count resolution.
· Daily, weekly, and monthly performance indicator monitoring and reporting.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field required; professional certification preferred (CSCP, CPIM, or CPM desired) and/or 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
· Understanding of ERP systems (SAP experience preferred) - purchasing module, material requirements planning, inventory control.
· Understanding of ISO9001 / TS16949 / IATF16949 quality management systems.
· Positive and professional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with a strong sense of urgency. Understands the importance of contingency planning and risk management.
· Knowledge of related laws & regulations: Uniform Commercial Code, import and export compliance, NC State Sales & Use taxes, and business law generally.
· Ability to analyze requirements data from various sources to determine supply needs.
· Strong negotiation skills, ability to influence.
· Ability to read and understand technical literature and drawings at a basic level.
· Highly proficient with office management software (Excel, Word, etc)
· Position is located in Durham, NC
· Requires travel time of less than 5%
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.