Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
The HSE officer has a dual function as described:
HSE Officer Function: Responsible to provide support to SEO by management of all aspects of the HSE function for the Freudenberg Filtration Technologies, L.P. (FFT) site in Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
NA Regional Function: Responsible to provide support to Mexico, Canada, and Brazil operations at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies
HSE Officer - Americas Region
HSE Officer Function:
- Support Hopkinsville site daily functions and programs as a member of the safety leadership team (SLT.)
- Provides coaching to all levels of the sites organization to further develop the safety culture.
- A frequent presence on the shop floor, leading employees and taking into account their viewpoints to help improve safety at the facility.
- Lead programs to reduce injuries and strengthen the HSE management systems.
- Develop and ensure all HSE compliance training is completed which includes but not limited to annual Safety Week.
- Provide operational audits and drive closure of action items.
- Responsible for the management of injury claims to include coordination with insurance carrier and OSHA records. Ensure all internal and external reporting is completed.
- SAFETY: Develop strategies to insure compliance with company and applicable Federal, State and local safety regulations, working with manufacturing leadership to effectively implement change.
- ENVIRONMNETAL: Insure compliance of plant operations with governmental regulatory agency requirements relating to environmental expectations of air, solid waste, and water management. Responsible for environmental permitting and regulatory reports.
- HEALTH: Insure compliance of plant operations with governmental regulatory agency requirements relating to employee health and safety including knowledge of impacts, risk and controls of hazardous substances (chemicals).
NA Regional Function:
- Auditing: Conduct and oversee the strategic design of OHSAS auditing program within the region.
- Accident root cause analysis and support to develop countermeasures at all sites within the region.
- Fulfill HSE reporting duties (monthly, quarterly and annual reporting).
- Facilitate HSE best practice sharing (i.e. networking) among sites within the region.
- Provide coaching and professional development to strengthen HSE Officer skill sets.
- Maintain and strengthen global processes for identification and control of exposure risks from equipment, chemicals, and process methods used across FFT.
- Provide clear/ concise communications of HSE expectations to drive consistency and continuous improvement.
- Support development and provide direction with implementation of Corporate HSE goals, policies and directives.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry best practices in occupational safety to promote the development and implementation improved global strategies, standards and programs.
- Potential Acquisitions: Responsible to conduct and/or coordinate HSE risks assessments.
- ISO 14001 and 45001: Coordinate auditors (as needed) to evaluate site environmental management systems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of regulations and directives regarding exposure risks; provide direction on anticipated, future requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS occupational safety, environmental engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with HSE programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate teams and drive change cross-functionally.
- Proven people and project management skills with the ability to meet established goals and timelines.
- Candidate will have experience or given training to foster 5S and LEAN initiatives.
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?