Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Purchasing Manager/Trade Compliance Specialist
The US and Canada lead for FFT NA for all Raw Material, MRO and Subcontractor procurement related activities. These activities include but not limited to Supplier negotiations, Supplier quality and compliance, purchasing related internal controls, adherence to TS16949 and ISO9000 requirements, master data maintenance and SAP gatekeeper for all Purchasing related area and Strategic Purchasing lead in support of the Automotive and Industrial sales divisions.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Implement procurement strategy and policies in support of the Automotive & Industrial sales divisions
- Lead supplier negotiations and new supplier developments to support FFT’s quality and profitability requirements
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers in support of the Automotive and Industrial Division’s strategies
- Implements a continuous improvement culture by benchmarking with other FFT and Freudenberg entities, documented standard processes and procedures and has an openness for input from others
- Develop and implement supplier rating system to track continuous improvement, support quality certification requirements (TS16949 and ISO9001)
- Leads compliance and improvement of the Company’s Internal Controls for Purchasing related functions
- Implements a Risk Management strategy for key suppliers and materials
- Ensure supplier compliance with requirements for quality and safety
- Lead in Purchasing related legal contracts and in the maintenance procurement contract file
- Ensure compliance with import/export policies
- Works closely with FFT Mexico’s Purchasing Manager
- Dotted line to Global Director of Procurement and Sourcing
Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supporting field
- CPSM accreditation is desirable
- Relationship management with internal and external customers/suppliers including price Negotiations and Networking
- Understanding of Commercial/Contract law
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Strong working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Working conditions are consistent with a typical office environment.
- Travel approximately 20% annually, to include internationally as needed.
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?