Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 18 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing value-adding solutions to improve quality, reduce costs and boost the productivity of molding and casting operations.
Chem-Trend products are used in a broad range of applications, including composites, rubber and polyurethane molding, high-pressure die casting, thermoplastics processing, wood composite pressing and in the manufacturing of tires. To support our team we seek a qualified candidate for the role of:
Research Chemist Thermoplastics (m/f/d)
in Maisach nearby Munich
- This position is part of a truly global R&D team dedicated to develop chemical specialties for the processing of thermoplastic resins and is located at the global R&D headquarter for the TP product line in Maisach. With your chemical expertise you will support the application of the existing product line, same as continuously improving the product portfolio or driving the development of additional or next generation products. You will be carrying out test field qualifications trials for new products to support the TP sales forces.
- Your development work is an integral part of a global strategy for the future development of the Thermoplastics technology group.
- You will prepare and conduct laboratory work together with the TP research team, same as perform administrative tasks like patent researches, recipe management in the ERP system or the coordination of external lab work.
- This position will interface with Chem-Trend’s laboratories around the globe in order to strengthen Chem-Trend’s leading market position and to increase market efficiency.
- Within your role you will support our customers or other company departments in a rapid and timely fashion, providing technical service and assistance in order to optimize product quality, process efficiency and cost saving.
- Minimum of a degree in Chemistry or related fields.
- Experience in polymer related chemistry and processing of thermoplastic resins.
- Experience in formulating specialty chemicals under laboratory conditions in combination with working knowledge on blending and mixing processes, ideally including knowledge on scale-up to production conditions.
- Willingness to do sustainable development with all its nice facets like origniality, creativity and administrative work
- Readiness to work in a global, multi-cultural R&D team and to interface with a multinational sales force.
- Good writing and communication skills in German and English.
- Well-organized work practices to establish priorities and meet target deadlines.
- Adequate IT skills, preferably including basic SAP knowledge.
Are you an open-minded, goal-oriented person who likes to deal with people in an international environment? If so, then we should get to know each other. We offer you a work in a modern environment with flexible working hours and reasonable pay. You will receive a detailed induction plan and in addition, we attach importance to continuous training. We look forward to receiving your application.
Do you have any questions?