Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!.
Turbomachinery Sales Executive
Responsible for direct sales of filters and engineering projects to the gas turbine and large industrial compressor market in the US. Within the assigned territory, the Sales Executive is also responsible to identify marketplace opportunities; prospect and engage new clients, further expand existing clientele business, develop proposals, and manage the overall sales cycle. The Sales Executive should demonstrate advanced sales techniques, market research and business skills while ensuring Company standards for safety, clean environment, quality and productivity are met.
Typical duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales and margin goals provided by the Segment Sales Manager.
- Develop new prospects through market research, data mining, networking, business associations and other means.
- Initiate sales calls and organize visits to potential clients and end users. Identify key decision makers in the buying process.
- Set up and execute customer site visits and equipment surveys. Manage and interpret customer requirements. Qualify sales opportunities and prioritize according to strategy.
- Define the best solution to satisfy customer needs. Manage support from Engineering and Projects teams, as needed.
- Prepare technical & commercial proposals, obtaining necessary internal approvals prior to proposal submission.
- Give presentations and seminars to customers using a value selling approach.
- Follow up, negotiate and close sales at different levels (Plant, Managers, Directors, Corporate).
- Review and negotiate contracts terms and conditions.
- Support project installations, coordinate necessary local resources if needed.
- Provide after-sales follow up and support Accounts Receivable activities if necessary.
- Maintain records, data and other information pertinent to products and customers thru our CRM system.
- Support Segment Sales Manager with monthly reports, marketing activities, product literature development, case studies and new product launches as appropriate.
- Provide detailed sales forecasts as an input for Production Planning.
- Work within a global matrix organization and leverage the knowledge and experience of Freudenberg’s internal network of subject matter experts.
- Represent FFT Viledon at trade shows, conferences, and gas turbine user’s group meetings.
- Investigate market trends, new technologies and competitors’ activities. Help in researching and developing new products.
- Manage travel budget and provide expense report on a monthly basis.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures, while ensuring adherence to safety, clean environment, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field preferred.
- 5 years technical sales experience minimum.
- Sales experience desired in Power Generation industry, and/or large industrial compressors
- Experience in air filtration field with a basic understanding of air filtration systems
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects within the target markets
- Proficient in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in capital project proposal presentations to corporate management and engineering stakeholders. Global bidding experience is a plus.
- Must be capable of traveling approx. 50% with multiple night trips (travel during COVID pandemic is greatly reduced)
- Contract negotiation experience for contracts over $500,000 desired
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Do you have any questions?