The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, implement and maintain the product/market/commercial strategy for the Competence Center. The focus is to develop strategic, profitable growth while balancing resources and risk. Review existing business on an ongoing basis to ensure it aligns with the CC strategy, resources and profitability expectations. This position will take the lead in communication and support of customers and sales, both commercially and technically. The incumbent must be able to function independently when required, but should facilitate and support cross functional involvement with the CC Team.
Product Marketing Manager - Tillsonburg
- Development and execution of market driven strategic plan (STRAP) that will result in sustainable competitive advantage in target markets to ensure long term profitable growth.
- Constant alignment of strategy and actions with sales in target market segments.
- Review and analysis of new applications/markets .
- Commercial Champion of the Competence Center – both internal and external.
- Voice of the customer (VOC) to influence strategy and priorities. Develop strong relationships with customers and support the introduction of new customers.
- Support sales in identifying, targeting, door opening and closing of new potential prospects. This may include commercial/technical presentations as well as alignment of opportunity within CC.
- Position to be located at the facility, but extensive international travel is a requirement.
- Work closely with commercial department to ensure costing and margins are aligned with strategy to ensure long term profitable growth. This includes an ongoing pricing strategy.
- Work with the program management, supply chain management, commercial and engineering groups to ensure that overall part and program profitability is considered when quoting and designing new parts. Risk/Reward vs Resources (RR&R) should always be considered.
- Improve effectiveness in communicating advantages of FST products and services to the market by driving “points of difference” and “benefits” (value selling).
- Define market product/technology gaps to CC which can be incorporated into Technology Roadmap as required, to maintain competitive advantage and improve value.
- Support sales on commercial proposals, contracts and negotiations.
- Prepare literature for publication including market segment and product specific brochures, catalogs, flyers and articles with global FST marketing.
- Conduct market analysis for specific market segments including: relevant market potential, market share, positioning, trends and target accounts.
- Develop insightful, comprehensive analysis of major competitors.
- Assist management with special assignments as needed.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Must possess strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Natural technical aptitude
- Strong business acumen, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- CRM and SAP knowledge is an asset
- Must have proficient project management and time management skills
- Ability to manage priorities, workload and complexity
- Knowledge of elastomer compound characteristics, products and processes would be beneficial
- Aerospace market knowledge would be an asset
Commitment to Lean Systems / Six Sigma Certification
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?