Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global manufacturer of innovative technical textiles offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Apparel, Automotive, Building Interiors, Construction, Energy, Hygiene, Medical, Shoe and Leather goods as well as Specialties. In 2018, the company generates sales of more than €920 million and has 23 manufacturing sites in 13 countries and more than 3.600 employees. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg-pm.com.
The company is a Business Group of Freudenberg Group. In 2018, the Freudenberg Group employed approximately 49,000 people in some 60 countries worldwide and generated sales of more than €9.4 billion. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg.com.
The incumbent directly supervises and coordinates the day-to-day operation of the production line. They maintain an awareness of production plans, quality status, and production trials. They are responsible for the communication and the coordination of these items among the shift crews. The incumbent is responsible for the preparation and implementation of procedures, specifications, and other written aids which are used for training and in the operation of the production line. They are responsible for the training of the Line Operators to run the Production Line with a minimum of supervision.
· Lead by example and ensure implementation of organizational objectives for workplace safety and coordinate activities with HS&E officer meeting the internal Freudenberg, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 IATF 16949 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
· Coordinate the continuous 24 hour per day operation of the production line among the shift crews.
· Supervise, train and instruct the Production Line Supervisors in the total operation of the production line.
· Standardize production procedures and operations among the shift crews.
· Prepare written procedures, specifications and other aids in the training and operation of the production line.
· Maintain a record of required maintenance and cleaning procedures and schedule these during the production interruptions.
· Maintain an active cost reduction program for raw materials, operating supplies, and direct labor costs.
· Maintain awareness of the quality and make decisions and recommendations for quality improvement.
· Serve as a consultant on a call-in basis to assist the Line Supervisors in the handling of difficult manufacturing problems. Serve as the manufacturing on-call representative according to the schedules developed.
· Maintain awareness of employee welfare, satisfaction, and grievances within the manufacturing department.
· Support company business objectives, goals and plans and provide leadership within scope of responsibility and meet expectations.
· Plan, delegate and manage work assignments and special projects.
· Commit to and participate in activities of continuous improvement.
· BS in Engineering: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
· 3 to 5 years of Polymer or Nonwovens materials production work experience with at least one year in production supervision.
· Experience in leading a teams in order to accomplish Production goals and objectives.
· Experience using multiple data sources and reports to conduct analysis, resulting in implementation of action plans.
· Excellent communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management and employees.
· Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
· Strong follow up and attention to details in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and resolve Production Line issues.
· Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, customer demands and flexibility in job assignments well as good project management experience.
· Strong commitment to safety, environmental, workplace organization and housekeeping.
· Able to work non-standard weekly schedule including off shifts and on-call status.
· The successful candidate must also demonstrate the Freudenberg Guiding Principles: Values for Customers, Innovation, Leadership, People and Responsibility, foster Six Sigma and Learning initiatives, and create an environment of teamwork.
· Strong computer proficiencies, Microsoft office; SAP is a plus.
· Position is located in Durham, NC
· Travel will be minimal (10%)
· Position reports to the Operations Manager
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.