Under the direction of and reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Analyst utilizes quality and engineering principles, policies and technology to maintain product conformance and performance. This position also requires participation as a core project team member developing process controls, developing/recommending product tolerances and measurement systems and methods, and preparing certain APQP/PPAP documentation associated with material/product launches and changes. Assists in training personnel in quality disciplines and team leadership.
Qualtiy Assurance and EHS Engineer - Necedah
- Responsible for coordinating special paperwork required for PPAP and Prototype submissions/shipments, documenting dimensional and material test results on appropriate forms and distributing information per customer requirements
- Receives/reviews incoming raw material certifications and releases received incoming raw material for use. Performs physical inspection of incoming raw materials whenever required, as well for acceptance decisions
- Investigates raw material issues from Production and requests/receives corrective actions, RMAs and credit from Suppliers as needed
- Performs laboratory testing to customer and/or ASTM testing procedures on products and raw materials.
- Assists in Customer Complaint administration and coordination of containments, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Facilitates the Layered Audit Process, Product Dock Audits and Customer-Specific Requirements Audits to assure timely completion according to the Annual Internal Audit Schedule and maintains records and analysis of results
- Manages investigation of MRB non-conformances and recommends actions for consideration and approval of the MRB board. Maintains and administers the NCMR database for nonconforming material
- Manages and controls the Non-Conforming Material Cage for organization, cleanliness, and rapid resolution of material dispositions
- Administers and maintains certain functions of the QSI Document Control System, NCMR System, Customer Complaint System and Corrective Action System
- Completes special projects and assignments as assigned by the QA Manager or Operations Manager
- Supports and participates in GROWTTH projects and other continuous improvement projects, kaizens, 3Ps, etc
- Analyzes manufacturing scrap data in order to target opportunities for improvement and scrap cost reductions. Actively works on scrap improvement efforts with teams
- Requests, reviews and approves sub-tier supplier PPAP submissions and other documents from suppliers as needed
- Interfaces with Corporate Commodities Team and manages change management documents associated with Supplier material changes
- Work on the Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives according to company’s procedures and implements/audit policies and procedures
- Actively participates during the EHS audits internally and externally making sure the rules and regulations are followed
- Bachelor degree in Business, Quality Assurance, Industrial Technology, Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field in chemicals is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive component manufacturing, metal fabrication, metrology (dimensional measurement), testing, injection molding or engineering is required
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings that contain geometric tolerancing, specifications, test procedures and methods, basic statistical process control requirements, and metric/English unit conversion and notations
- Must have sufficient computer, keyboarding, math (Geometry/Trigonometry), technical writing and communication skills to assume and perform all responsibilities of the job
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and have an aptitude for learning additional new software
- Must be proficient with the Internet and computer-related activities, preferably through MRP systems or other business operating systems and customer portals. Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Familiarity with PPAP, SPC, GD&T, CPK, GRR, MSA, Calibration, PPAP, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 training/experience (desired)
- Must be able to travel when necessary in the event of a Supplier or Customer quality crisis or for customer-mandated trainings or orientations
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?