This generalist position is responsible for providing Human Resources Support for businesses and associates in the Necedah facility including labor relations, staffing, training/development, policy administration, legal compliance, compensation and benefits administration, company communication and worker’s compensation claims management. The incumbent will be an integral part of the Gaskets HR team and will partner to assist with development and implementation of strategic business objectives with commitment to a culture that is committed to continuous improvement.
Human Resources Generalist- Necedah
- Acts to ensure accurate policy and labor contract interpretation and effective administration per procedures, laws, standards, regulations, and policies.
- Works with and assists Business Group Leaders and HR Manager as needed to reduce injuries, lost time days, Workers’ Compensation costs, and OSHA recordables.
- Recruits, screens applicants, set up and conduct interviews, tests, sets up pre-placement drug screens and background checks, and hires personnel as required to meet business objectives.
- Develop new strategies to attract candidates.
- Posts and recommends transfers of employees who merit promotion or require a change for other reasons.
- Oversees weekly payroll processing and manages attendance policy per plant rules.
- Administers badge security system.
- Benefit plans administration to include training, processing of enrollment, and acting as liaison between employees and outside vendors to resolve issues.
- Assists with administration of STD plan and FMLA leaves of absence.
- Administers Vision Care, Educational Assistance, Safety Shoe and Tanner programs.
- Training – provides orientation for new hires and works with team to ensure training programs are robust. Tracks and monitors progress.
- Conducts and sets up exit interviews.
- Assists and handles employee relations questions and concerns, and assists staff in resolving issues. Provides support to production supervisors regarding staff personnel issues.
- Manages training process for past and upcoming training. Ensures training system is up-to-date for audit purposes.
- Assists with strategic planning for training and development programs.
- Assists with labor relation issues including due process and grievance procedures.
- Draft and distribute employee announcements.
- Manage company wellness program.
- Assist with planning and execution of company sponsored events and employee relation activities.
- Maintain employee files and records in HRIS system.
- Work on department projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or Business related field along with a minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination.
Labor relations background preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Must have strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Recruiting and generalist experience preferred.
- Computer literacy in spreadsheets and word processing required.
Special Circumstances of the Job:
This position requires the incumbent to have an understanding of federal and state labor laws. The individual must understand company policies and be able to interpret the union contract. Must be able to balance multiple and changing priorities while maintaining excellent organizational skills. Must always work to continually develop process and procedures and seek opportunities for improvement. Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail at all times. Must possess a strong initiative and follow through. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?