Under the direction of and reporting to the Tool Room Supervisor, perform duties assigned to the Manufacturing Services Department to the extent of routine tooling maintenance, tooling performance history, construction, and troubleshooting tooling in manufacturing.
Tool & Die Maker - Necedah
- Prepare tool design sketches and CAD drawings to illustrate improved designs and developmental tooling features
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, build and repair all types of production tooling, special machinery, jigs and fixtures, and gages as required to support manufacturing, and company quality improvement goals and objectives
- Assist in training manufacturing personnel in the proper setup and operation of special tooling and machinery as assigned
- Maintain technical data on tool life, maintenance history, and critical tooling setup characteristics
- Maintain educational level necessary to keep abreast of new and changing tool maintenance technologies
- Assist in all aspects of securing, maintaining and conforming to customer quality requirements, and company continuous improvement goals and objective
- Assist in generating purchase order requisitions to maintain material and supplies inventory
- Perform all duties deemed necessary and directed by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Two years of technical college training, and/or apprenticeship
- One year of experience in tooling design, construction, and/or repair and maintenance
- Tool and die makers must have excellent mechanical knowledge/skill
- Experience in steel rule die making, and/or maintenance
- Possess the ability to be a highly skilled craftsman in the utilization of equipment to produce precision tools
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?