Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Customer Service Representative
The candidate will be responsible for daily, ongoing interface between customer orders and plant operations to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, communications, planning, material requisitioning, required record keeping and efficient problem solving, meeting company standards for safety, clean environment, quality, cost and productivity as well as customer satisfaction.
- Receive and process daily orders, clarify quantities and items, acknowledge delivery, confirm pricing, communicate directly with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Inter-company personnel for requisitioning of materials for customer orders and inventory programs.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for inter-company and outside vendor supply.
- Maintain daily communications with Sales Staff, Customers, Plant Operations, and Engineering.
- Review daily report to confirm shipments prepared to leave facility on time.
- Shipping activities - Expedite inbound and outbound shipments; provide tracking information and proof of delivery receipts as requested by customers.
- Problem solve with Planning and Shipping to minimize late deliveries.
- Daily review of invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain all necessary customer records.
- Verify and maintain pricing files.
- Handle customer complaints and solve problems; Enter accurate information associated with customer returns.
- Implement delivery changes, design changes and inventory corrections.
- Responsible for creating and communication open order reports, shipped order reports, and other reports as assigned.
- Responsible for researching invoice and order errors, executions of corrective actions and development of continuous improvement actions.
- Perform various duties to support sales staff. Provide information regarding customers, such as gathering data for reports, requesting data sheets and literature, researching account info, etc.
- Act as backup for other CSR’s, as required.
- Monitor and gather data from customer websites as required by customer contracts.
- Provide interface with Accounting related to payments, credits, debits, returns, etc.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Support and actively contribute to Company standards for safety and quality.
- Comply with all Company guidelines for maintaining the environment.
- Commit to and participate in activities for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in business or related major.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/technical environment preferred.
Knowledge / Experience
- Proficiency with personal computer, standard office software and manufacturing computer software; SAP experience a plus.
- Skilled with Word and Excel computer software.
- Critical: Ability to organize data in Excel spreadsheets to evaluate orders, forecasts, inventory management and demand planning. Ability to review computerized information and extract, compile and communicate relevant data.
- Ability to use basic math skills for conversion of units of measure and volume/pricing calculations.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional phone and email étiquette.
- Strong ability to multi-task (phones, people entering office, emails, etc).
- Ability to communicate with people from other countries/cultures (in English).
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours as needed.
- Strong sense of safety and good housekeeping.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Cross training with other CSRs will be required.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality of customer, cost and planning information.
- Ability to travel (infrequent).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Do you have any questions?