With nominal guidance and approvals of the Sr. Product Marketing Manager, this position is accountable for participation in engineering projects and the design of customer products. Tooling and products are designed using customer specifications and in accordance with good engineering practices to the extent that product will perform its intended function in its designated end use with consideration to FNGP’s manufacturing capabilities and product/tool design policies, practices, standards, and cost.
Application Engineer - Wisconsin Region
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow turnover with Simmerring Customer Base according to Division Strategy, identifying customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application, and presence at customer for availability
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements, while building effective relationships with customer engineering, quality, purchasing and plant personnel
- Support customer timing and requirements for program deliverables
- Present customer with FNST solutions and optimize the value chain
- Review, analyze and communicate all technical information to the appropriate FST product engineer and account manager with all supporting documentation (customer needed deliverables) required to generate component or systems design, sample, program guidelines, etc. and all required follow-up
- Lead the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process for new customer programs according to FNST process standard
- Maintain and enter CRM requirements
- Perform customer value functions : i.e. tech days, dock audits, presentations
- Ensure that offered solution adequately fulfills customer requirements
- Make recommendations for quality improvements from analysis of warranty parts and data
- Work with associated Freudenberg-NOK and customer organizations (materials engineering; tribology and lubrication; CAE; program management; etc.)
- Ensure correctness and timely response and liaison to customer requests including quality topics, test reports, investigations reports among others
- Support Sales in customer visits
- Support component program management meetings
- Assist in formal problem resolution with Freudenberg-NOK plant quality personnel
- Participate in cost-reduction initiatives and VA/VE
- Other duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Position requires 2 years minimum experience in industrial Simmerring design, failure analysis, manufacturing and testing. Experience with Global customers in gearbox manufacturing segments.
- Aggressive self-starter with strong organization skills and attention to details requiring minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Proven Project management skills
- Leadership abilities, strong organizational skills and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Special Circumstances of the Job:
Engineering knowledge and specialized awareness of current systems is necessary, plus vision for future methods is important. Flexibility to travel and/or work any shift if necessary.
Sales, Production Employees, Management and Supervisors, Engineering, Marketing and Quality related Personnel, Customers, and Suppliers
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?