Freudenberg is a global technology group that strengthens its customers and society long-term through forward-looking innovations. Together with its partners, customers and the world of science, the Freudenberg Group develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments and for thousands of applications: seals, vibration control components, nonwovens, filters, specialty chemicals, medical products, and the most modern cleaning products. In 2019, the Freudenberg Group employed more than 49,000 people in almost 60 countries worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.4 billion. Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global manufacturer of innovative technical textiles offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Apparel, Automotive, Building Interiors, Construction, Energy, Healthcare, Shoe and Leather goods as well as Specialties. In 2019, the company generates sales of around €890 million and has 26 manufacturing sites in 14 countries and more than 3.600 employees. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg-pm.com
The Shift Mechanic is responsible for performing production activities as directed to achieve the most favorable production cost, quality, safety and workmanship. The Shift Mechanic also is responsible for diagnosing and correcting common mechanical issues and escalating complex maintenance issues to the proper individuals in the organization.
The Shift Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance activities to achieve reliable machine performance, production cost reduction, quality improvements, and a safe working environment. Major functions include:
• Diagnosing and correcting common mechanical issues (e.g. Change small motors, belts, gearboxes, make machine adjustments, etc.)
• Escalating complex maintenance issues to the proper individuals in the organization.
• Making routine control trips to monitor condition and performance of production lines
• Monitoring boiler performance and recording data
• Reporting hazardous equipment or procedures as noted.
• Recommending improvements to maintain a high-performing and accident-free work area.
• Recording CMMS data thoroughly and accurately to maintain equipment records.
• Entering Work Requests as needed for delayed work.
• High School Diploma or GED with 1-2 years manufacturing experience
• Basic math skills, i.e. calculating whole numbers, metrics, decimals and fractions.
• Ability to use ordinary arithmetic, specifications, charts, and schedules together with gauges, adjustable instruments.
• Logical thinking/reasoning skills – Self-confident
• Basic knowledge of: compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, cooling water systems, fasteners, machine safety systems.
• Basic computer skills (data entry and retrieval)
• Ability to work as a member of a team in the effective operation of complex machinery and in a safe manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively,both verbally and written, with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to demonstrate the Freudenberg Guiding Principles: Value for Customers, Innovation, Leadership, People, and Responsibility
• A.S. in a Technical Discipline or related field with 1-3 years manufacturing experience is preferred
• Certification in rigging and/or welding preferred
• Shaft Alignment Certification preferred
Freudenberg Performance Materials LP
3500 Industrial Drive
Durham, NC 27704
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.