The Buyer is responsible for all purchasing activities to support the XALT Energy strategic sourcing plan and R&D/Engineering development programs. Leads all procurement and sourcing activities for assigned commodities and projects by enlisting fully capable suppliers to ensure cost, quality and delivery objectives are met.
Buyer- Indirect Material- XALT Energy
- Leads all commercial and supplier management activity for assigned commodities
- Initiates and executes a Market Analysis and Commodity Strategy for assigned commodities that includes a strategy for supply base development and optimization by commodity
- Generates raw material forecasts from complex sets of data and analysis of various feedstock markets
- Manages all supply chain factors of total cost for assigned commodities consistent with business plans
- Development of material strategies that mitigate financial and business risk
- Initiates and leads material cost savings activities through workplans
- Leads make/buy decision process for assigned commodities
- Assures compliance to XALT and Freudenberg best business practices for all purchasing activities
- Works closely with R&D/Engineering teams to ensure alignment with the supply base and technologies
- Acts as the primary interface with the supply base for all commercial matters
- Creation and execution of Purchase & Supply Agreements (contracts)
- Creation and maintenance of mutual non-disclosure agreements with the supply base
- Responsible & accountable for successful completion of managing cost and completing key assignments, projects as defined by direct manager.
- Demonstrate ability and/or development of the primary and secondary skills outlined in the Purchasing Competency Model
- Other duties as assigned
- Domestic and/or international travel required. Travel approximately 0 - 20%.
Special Circumstances on the job:
The candidate requires a combination of purchasing and business management skills sufficient to lead the managed groups to higher levels of performance. A solid understanding of purchasing systems, cost management, supplier development and the technical aspect of manufacturing processes are essential to success. The candidate must be capable of promoting and selling concepts at all levels of the organization through sound analysis and business judgment. The candidate must perform with a minimum of supervision and be a demonstrated team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, business or equivalent
- Recent college graduate to 7 years of work experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management with a desire to work in a commercial role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate / interface across all organizational levels
- Goal oriented with high self-motivation and problem solving skills
- High energy, good presence
- Team player
- Experienced, strong negotiator
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excels in a fast-paced, intense learning environment
- Experience with MRP systems
- Demonstrated potential to advance to positions of greater responsibility and impact
- Interfaces effectively as a team player internally and externally
- Proficiency in MS Office software (especially Excel) and experience with document control, including engineering drawings releases and revision control.
- Ability to understand and interpret component drawings and material specifications
- Market Analysis
- Supplier Management
- Strategy Development
- Market Intervention
- Financial Concepts
- Materials Management & Logistics Concepts
- Legal Concepts
- Project Management
- Administrative Systems
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?