The Senior Manager Real Estate North America is responsible to supervise, support and execute the management of corporate real estate and property portfolio (industrial, logistics and office properties) and the implementation of regional location concepts to support the vision, orientation and operational goals for Freudenberg’s total real estate platform in the North American Region. This position is responsible for project management and the management of regional relationships and development of governance standards for regional construction projects and ensuring timely internal and external communication on real estate matters to support related compliance of internal protocols and procedures.
Senior Manager Real Estate North America
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement asset management strategy and governance model for North American Region real estate and construction projects in alignment with a capital expenditure approval process.
- Supervision and management of the property Portfolio (industrial, logistics and office properties) in the North American Region, and support execution of group wide Real Estate Strategy’s in cooperation with the Business Groups (BG’s). This includes sensible supervision of capital expenditures related to the real estate strategy taking the portfolio strategy and lifecycle costs into account and define /implement measures with the target to optimize occupancy cost.
- Proactively implement global construction and facilities maintenance procedures as well as safety processes in alignment with global standards. Includes critical financial oversight practices with the goal of preserving the value of real estate in the Region.
- Project management focusing on identification of investment or disinvestment options resulting in an efficient, holistic management concept that supports the overall strategy. Works directly with the Advisory Board, Steering Committees and project partners in the region to translate the business requirements into a real estate solution.
- Responsible to create Investment requests and committee proposals and discuss this together with the Director of Real Estate N.A. and with the local Directors and executives in the local Business Groups and the Board of Freudenberg Group. Includes presentations and orientations for new business unit acquisitions as well as preparation and participation in annual executive meetings.
- Execution and implementation of the Group wide Stage Gate Process for external Leases. Responsible for driving the implementation of the strategy in the various business groups and advising BG’s in rental-contract matters through implementation of a North American Region U.S. Lease Guide. Includes training of the regional Business Groups.
- Conduct Portfolio analysis’s and Real Estate surveys across multiple business groups to align the regional real estate strategy with the local business strategy. Includes developing macro and micro portfolio analytics and real estate dashboards to supplement business decision-making processes with in-depth real estate data.
- Leads planning activities, capacity planning, optimization efforts, transaction specification development, project definition (charters, scopes-of-work) and workforce and workforce impact assessments
- Responsible for preparation of rental agreements for the North American market, in cooperation with external service providers and the internal legal department. Integrates the external legal councils and works toward completion of term sheets and the final lease agreement.
- Support of Freudenberg Real Estate LP and the Freudenberg business groups in valuating real estate to determine the property tax and assists accounting and finance departments with process controls, base rent straight-line and financial analyses.
- Works with Tax and Legal Departments analyze various state, county and local incentives packages and various other cost saving opportunities.
- Due diligence for acquisition of and/or disposition of company business units.
- Drive corporate initiatives such as “Sustainability Drives Climate Action” or Digitalization@CREM
A cover letter must accompany the submission of your resume. In the cover letter please address how you satisfy or will satisfy the Experience Requirements and Position Responsibilities set forth in this Description. Be as specific as possible, e.g., the types of corporate real estate property portfolios you’ve analyzed, drafted, negotiated, implemented and projects that you have managed. Include the nature of the transactions with which you were involved and your particular level of involvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Your suitability as a candidate will be evaluated based on your experience and possession of the following skillset. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience of negotiating complex transactions with the ability to create outside the box deal structures to deliver on enterprise strategy.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex deal forecast and prepares budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation and presentation of reports.
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence, advice, and modeled behavior; excellent interpersonal skills; calm under pressure and effectively manage escalations at all levels of the company.
- Solid understanding of complex real estate transactions, lease operations and management, investment analysis, and market analysis for national portfolios.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify and solve ambiguous problems and successfully execute tasks.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerBI and Office365 capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, with international teams and manage specialized projects with minimal direction.
- Evaluate business risks and demonstrate superior legal judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in order to advise internal clients.
- Construction project/process knowledge with a special focus on implementation of safety and maintenance governance standards
- Basic knowledge of American property tax law
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree (preferred) preferably in General Business, Finance, Economics, Architecture, Facility Management or Engineering with emphasis in Real Estate.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate and construction market. Experience as licensed real estate broker, agent or appraiser is a plus.
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in the field of corporate real estate, client relationship management and analytics
Travel Requirements: approximately 40% and on short notice
Language Skills: (if applicable)
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Multi-lingual (German and/or Spanish preferred; but, not required)
Do you have any questions?