Serves as a liaison between customers and the facility to address all forms of Quality concerns and certification programs. This position is responsible for the implementation and support of Quality System activities. The associate will work closely with all employees in the facility to ensure quality products and customer satisfaction.
Quality Engineer - Northfield
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and actions required to investigate and resolve customer issues and complaints
- Completion of documentation and communication required by customers or quality systems and processes
- Travel to customer locations to support launch and customer related issues
- Lead problem solving efforts that effectively solve and eliminate causes of non-conformances
- Coordination and leadership of quality system and customer specific requirements within assigned areas of responsibility
- Train and educate plant staff and associates in quality system requirements and processes as necessary to ensure effective implementation and practice
- Develop, monitor and analyze data that supports product launch and production activities
- Support ongoing compliance to IATF 16949 quality system requirements and the audit process
- All other duties as required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Minimum of two years experience in Manufacturing or Quality. Five years automotive or equivalent experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Advanced Quality Planning, problem solving techniques and other quality systems
- Experience with automotive quality management systems (IATF 16949/ISO 9001 and core tools)
- Capable of interpreting industry/customer requirements in order to provide leadership and guidance to operations and engineering on Product/Process Change Management
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and technical writing, required
- Travel is required as well as unusual work schedule due to customer visits or requirements
- Competency with general word processing, spreadsheet and statistical programs
- Internal audit experience or certification as a quality systems auditor
- ASQ Certification (CQM, CQE, CRE), preferred
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?