The Freudenberg Group, a global technology company with 50,000 employees in around 60 countries, develops technically advanced products, excellent solutions and services for around 40 market segments. As the leading specialist in sealing applications and their market, Freudenberg Sealing Technologies is a supplier as well as a development and service partner serving customers in a wide variety of sectors including the automotive industry, civil aviation, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, the food and pharmaceuticals industries, and agricultural and construction machinery. To complete our team we are looking for a
Engineer Fuel Cell Stack Development (m/w/d)
- You will be part of the fuel cell stack development team and part of a project for FST’s first mobile low temperature PEM fuel cell stack for heavy duty application.
- You will work closely with other stack and MEA developers to design the complete stack, including overall dimensions, final plates, current collector, clamping concept, manifolding and media supply.
- You will drive the development of different stack components for the LT-PEMFC stack from initial scoping, over design/simulation to validation and documentation. Therefor you will work closely with supplier, external institutes and the internal test field.
- You will be included in the validation and optimization of the components/stacks, using different development tools to bring the components and the stack to a serial production state.
- Together with a team of engineers/ chemists with extensive experience in fuel cell development, you will improve the durability of the MEAs and its components to enhance the lifetime of the fuel cell stack.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Extensive experience in the field of fuel cell stack development and designing
- Very strong understanding of LT-PEMFC stack development including expert know-how in selected fields, e.g. BPP, MEA, clamping, sealing and operations.
- CAD skills (SolidWorks is preferred)
- CFD skills (SolidWorks Flowsimulation) - not a must have
- True team player
- Driven, self-motivated structured person with “can-do” attitude
- Convincing, open and friendly personality
- Fully fluent in German and English
- Location of the position is Munich, Germany
As a part of the Freudenberg Group you can enjoy working together in our intercultural and interdisciplinary teams to create innovative products, services and sustainable solutions. We jointly strive to improve living conditions worldwide and to meet the specific needs of our customers. Experience a mentality of thinking and acting responsibly together and discover a whole host of career opportunities in our global technology group.
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Do you have any questions?