Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global manufacturer of innovative technical textiles offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Apparel, Automotive, Building Interiors, Construction, Energy, Hygiene, Medical, Shoe and Leather goods as well as Specialties. In 2017, the company generates sales of more than €935 million and has 25 manufacturing sites in 14 countries and more than 3.700 employees. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg-pm.com.
The company is a Business Group of Freudenberg Group. In 2017, the Freudenberg Group employed approximately 48,000 people in some 60 countries worldwide and generated sales of more than €9.3 billion. For more information, please visit www.freudenberg.com.
This role primarily supports R&D in developing nonwoven products for Freudenberg Performance Material market segments, such as automotive, building and medical. The candidate will work under the supervision of experienced engineers, and will participate in developing solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
Major responsibilities include:
1. Conduct research or development project(s) within a larger project to design materials for customers.
2. Perform testing of physical and mechanical properties in accordance with ASTM, ISO, and DIN methods. May involve test method development.
3. Prepare samples for testing, secondary processing or customers.
4. Maintain, track and organize R&D sample inventory
5. Acquire, assemble and document data.
6. Assist in analyzing results and preparing presentations.
7. Assist in preparing for internal and external trials.
8. Assist in providing technical coverage to developmental trials.
1. Learning agility
2. Excellent time management
3. Diligence for quality work
4. Ownership of assigned tasks
5. Ability to work independently while being a team player
6. Ability to communicate with different functions within the organization – operators, technicians, engineers, etc.
· Position is located in Durham, NC
· Position reports to the R&D Manager
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.