Protecting people and the environment, conserving resources and optimizing industrial processes – those are the things that drive us at Freudenberg Filtration Technologies. We offer our customers technically cutting-edge products and system solutions as well as unique services in air and water filtration. As part of the Freudenberg Group with over 48,000 employees worldwide, our business activities are guided by strong corporate values and high quality standards. If you share our enthusiasm for technologies, progress and sustainability, come and join Freudenberg Filtration Technologies!
Regional Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for leading, organizing and coordinating the local and regional supply chain. The manager reviews supply chain performance continuously and further develops the local/regional performance metrics. The Supply Chain Manager pro-actively assists the Regional Director Operations in developing long term strategies for an improved supply chain in North America. The Manager leads the US/MX staff and reports to the Regional Director of Operations Americas.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to make or buy decisions (Allocation of programs)
- Inventory Control for Manufactured Items
- Compose Strategies for Manufactured Items
- Ensure EDI Control
- Oversee shipping warehouse space control
- Support Sales & Operations meetings
- Provide reliable business data by using SAP
- Establish reliable standard cost scenarios for alternative freight solutions
- Run quarterly logistics reviews with the local leadership team and the sales team (planning process, demand planning, raw material ordering, sales forecasts, runtimes, accuracies, …)
- Review strategies and forecasts with interdisciplinary team (forecast, safety stock, FAS) with market managers on a regular basis
- Establish replenishment strategies
- Establish and Maintain proper Schedules of HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) numbers
- Oversee the NAFTA program for US and support Canada shipments
- Deal with forwarder issues in regards to freight control
- Guide shipping direction and prepaid shipments
- Quote air freight and follow details
- Overall Business strategy with documentation to support IATF standard.
- Control of inventory levels with lot size and lead time understanding
- Issue business reports as required for management review
- Implement globally defined finite planning IT tool
- Provide support to the Operative Planning annually
- Provide open line of communications to and from subordinate staff and all employees
- Securing customer satisfaction regarding quality and delivery reliability
- Lead and develop staff by objectives, regular feedback and coaching
- Ensure compliance with the values & principles of the group and FFT
- 25% travel required between all North American facilities.
- Preferred: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Knowledge / Experience
- Five years of industrial production or material production/assembly work experience
- Supply Chain Management (APICS, CSCMP, TPS)
- Project management experience
- Broad knowledge in KAIZEN, TQM and continuous improvement process and Quality management systems are a must
- Six Sigma much appreciated
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, customer demands and flexibility in job assignments
- Work experience in a management position
- Knowledge of Operations management
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental, workplace organization and housekeeping
- Broad experience in leadership
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Very good social competence
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work non-standard weekly schedule including off shifts and on-call status
- Physical working conditions are consistent with a typical office environment.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
The Freudenberg Group stands for diversity and equal opportunities. All employees and prospective employees will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Have we awakened your interest? Then apply directly and send us an informative application, indicating the earliest starting date and your desired salary. If you think you’re right for us – then we’ll look forward to receiving a convincing application.
Do you have any questions?