Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
Application System Analyst
This position performs implementation, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting and ongoing support for a variety of applications in support of internal and external customers, and suppliers.
- Design, build, and implement solutions throughout SAP LE and the General Logistics area.
- Troubleshoot and resolve helpdesk tickets within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain application and systems documentation as it pertains to the local site and/or projects, where responsible.
- Follow proper procedures for project management, change management, and incidents.
- Lead or support roll-out and implementation of new business applications and functionality specifically within the SAP LE space.
- Manage and develop ERP-related middleware applications as directed or necessary; Implement new functions/modules.
- Implement new applications, perform migrations, implement, and manage system improvements; work with outsourced organizations as necessary to resolve issues or complete approved changes and implementations.
- Manage reporting systems including, but not limited to Crystal Forms, Crystal Reports, ODBC, etc.
- Assists company personnel in identifying informational needs to better utilize system resources.
- Provides training of personnel on newly developed programs and modifications done to existing software.
- Develops and maintains system documentation to increase the productivity of the end user.
- Analyzes and solves issues that may arise in both hardware systems and software applications.
- Programs specific ad-hoc reports of various nature as requested by each department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Communication: This position must communicate well with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization, including international customers.
- Time Management: This role includes many small and large tasks that must be managed simultaneously. Must have the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Continuous Improvement: Ideas and creativity are critical to the continuous improvement of the organization and help ensure fast and effective solutions to hardware and software problems.
- Problem Solving: Display a strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems; provide feedback and inputs from multiple stakeholders. Takes independent action to change the direction of events.
- Strong Analytical Skills: Able to troubleshoot complex and technical problems.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge in network Operating Systems (Windows server), SQL Server database, Reporting systems (Crystal Forms, Crystal Reports, SSRS), ERP systems (SAP), CRM, BPM. General knowledge of business processes including accounting, inventory control, order entry, plant operations manufacturing, process manufacturing, and sales required.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Science, Business, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of working experience within the information systems or functional area.
- 4+ years of SAP consulting or industry experience.
- SAP or similar technical certification, preferred.
- Participation in all phases of at least two full-lifecycle SAP implementations.
- Knowledge of SAP Logistics Execution (LE) and related processes or modules, with hands-on functional configurations and design experience.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle utilizing project management methodologies.
- Occasional travel, domestic and international.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Relocation assistance is not available.
Chem-Trend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team! If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application or any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 517-546-4520.
Do you have any questions?