The Syntax is an international IT service provider headquartered in Canada. In 2019, the company expanded to include the German Freudenberg IT as well as the American AWS specialists EMERALDCUBE. The Syntax advises small and medium-sized businesses on topics ranging from hosting to hybrid cloud scenarios, from Microsoft to SAP HANA, from IoT and Analytics to the acquisition of application management. The mission is to transform complexity into user-friendliness, just - "IT Solutions.Simplified."
Senior Linux/ Unix Administrator
- Maintain UNIX (Linux & AIX) servers in an enterprise environment - including installation, configuration, maitanance, patching, hardening and operations system logs, tools and monitoring functions.
- Perform server troubleshooting to diagnose common hardware and operating system issues.
- Maintain internal Unix/ Linux patch repositories and processes used for patching.
- Participate in the development of systems designs, implantation tasks and maintanance of systems.
- Produce and adhere of server documentation, configuration and related processes.
- Possess strong scripting skills in one of languages such as Perl, Python and/or shell scripting.
- Must be able to write self-contained scripts that can easily be plugged into automation tools such as SALT and Puppet.
- Unix experience including SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat Enterprise Linux and AIX.
- Have a basic network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and VLANS.
- Experience in hardware support, server support, application support or networking support.
- Ability to document, develop and implement test plans to verify installation, upgrades or repairs including back-out plans.
- Feel comfortable using a Virtualized Environment such as VMWare or IBM VIO.
- Experience with LDAP Administration and Integration.
- Understand the basic principles of ITIL, including Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Management.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others to solve complex system related issues.
- Must be able to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends and/or during maintainance windows outside of normal business hours.
In case you are interested in sending us your CV, please upload it via "Apply" button. Thank you.
Do you have any questions?